PR Belt Life

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by richman, May 21, 2012.

1. richman

richman Senior Member

Hey guys, just wanted to brag that I've reached the PR Belt HFSI interval of 1.2M impressions for the first time ever. Of course I'm going to leave it in there to see just how long it lasts. Do I hear two million, anybody?

Haha.

2. cisco605

cisco605 Member

That is impressive it usually takes me 1or2 belts before i get get a good one :( . The most i have gotten out of one is 800,000.

3. richman

richman Senior Member

Yeah 800K was my previous record. The operator on the other shift changed it today, I cried a little when I got in. He didn't need to change it either, was having image quality problems and just changed it because it was due...argghh. Oh well, we had a good run.

It's the little things that make me happy.

4. peels

peels tree killer :)

I haven't gotten close to any of those figures :( all because of that scratching problem I had... we shall see now.

5. lopeza

lopeza Senior Member

Great numbers 1.2M Impressions. The highest to date has been 960K, lowest 1,210 due to inexperienced operator on another shift.

6. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Some of my customers are getting 2 Mill on iGen4's. The iGen3's are lucky to get 1 Mill. If the cleaner has been changed from a CBC to a DESB cleaner for LCM the life will be reduced due to scratches

As a side note we are also running the fusers with the RDS turned off here in the UK which has increased the roll life to approx 300K in most sites whereas before we were getting 80K ish

7. LeeB

LeeB Senior Member

I was lucky to get 200k near the end of my last iGens life, they replaced the cleaning housing in my 4 with one out of a three and my belt life tripled. I have a spanking new iGen 4 now and my belt life is pretty low maybe 200k average. The cleaning housing has been swapped so I am praying for an improvement. I would seriously change a belt Every other day running only one shift.