pqc error code

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by mcsongor, Oct 21, 2015.

1. mcsongor

mcsongor Member

I have several issues with my PQC on L640. Is there anyone could give me all of error codes for the PQC ?

2. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

It would be far easier for you to tell us exactly what press you have, serial number and age would help. Then maybe we can figure out what console you have. And then list what errors and error codes you are having...

3. mcsongor

mcsongor Member

It is about a L640 from 1997 with serial nr 2088.We had to replace on PQC the 5V power source,so we did and now we have error code 702-606-605...in this order

4. mcsongor

mcsongor Member

another day,same problem...any suggestion?

5. presselectronics

Error 702 means there is a problem with the RIC-2 (ink feed) board, slot 10.
    Error 606/605 means there is a problem with the RIC-1 (register) boards.
    On a press of your vintage we normally recommend to start with checking all the power supplies. After that, the question is what happened to your 5V power supply? If it was actually bad, the normal cause is a short at the ink fountain that caused the 15V ink motor power to short to the 5 volts. When this happens, it normally will cause the register and ink feed boards to fail.

So what to do? I'd check for the original cause, power supply failed on it's own or bad board at ink fountain shorting 15V to 5 volts. Find and fix that first. Then I would buy a new register board and install it. If it works, the others are probably bad and you will need to buy the rest.

You probably need a good tech for all this so you don't blow a new board.
    Good luck!

6. mcsongor

mcsongor Member

Unfortunatelly there is no good tech in our region,but finally we found one of the 5v power supply failed.After replacing the 5v PSU and some investigation we found RIC2 and all three RIC1 boards were bad.So at this time we managed to buy RIC2 and two RIC1 but there is one error left related to RIC1and it seems like if we don't get rid of the last error there is no possibility to initialise and set the RICs

7. presselectronics

You need to make sure you know why the 5V power supply failed before installing new RIC1 or RIC2 boards. With all the bad RIC1 or RIC2 boards removed, you should be able to install and initialize the new boards one at a time. Once installed, the function of each individual board should work, even if the other RIC1/RIC2 boards are removed. So if you have fixed the power supply and installed all but one of the boards, your press should work, minus the function of the one missing board. For example, you installed and initialized all of the boards but the RIC1 for cocking, you may get an error but everything but cocking should work.

8. mcsongor

mcsongor Member

All of the power suppliers were verified and only one of 5v were bad (and is hard to tell the real cause because this happened once before at the owner before us because it wasn't the original power supply)Regarding to installation it is possible that i was not following the right steps.The initialisation went fine but i couldn't do the next step...