Post fuser exit rollers melting

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Kiran04, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

Had this problem before when they were crappy yellow rollers. Replaced them with the black rollers were are supposed to be better, but started getting a lot of curling and jams again today. Go to check and the roller wheels are starting to break down again. Any ideas why? It's not even the set right out of the fuser that's doing it. It's the set right after those. They stick to the paper and induce curl, which in terms induces jams.

2. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Where did you get the rolls that are melting?

3. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

Xerox, same place we get all new rollers.

4. HOP.guru

HOP.guru Member

I know old post

There is still residual fuser oil embedded in the paper even after it passes the fuser stage. Residual heat and fuser oil cause the rollers to break down. If the rollers are relatively new then try and wipe the whole paper path with 99% IPA or the Xerox Film Remover. Also is the rollers are new check to make sure you have clean fuser oil in the reservoir, clean fuser thermistors...

If my rollers are gummy and the job can't wait, I wrap electrical tape on the gummy ones. I have to be mindful which direction to wrap the electrical tape, but this tides me over until parts arrive.