Polyester Laser Plate Problems

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by ACCMike, Jul 15, 2016.

1. ACCMike

ACCMike New Member

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and am hoping someone out there has some answers for me. I just started to try the polyester desktop laser plate.
    I am making the plate on a Xerox C75 printer and running plate on a Toko 4750. Problem i am having is that 200 sheets into run the image is disappearing on me. I happen to be running 1-color black envelopes now and part of the barcode is missing as i run job. Not sure why? Not sure on what settings i am supposed to run on xerox while making plate. Fusing issue?
    At this point i am at a loss and will go back to old style plate until i can figure this out. Company i bought supplies from is no help whatsoever. :mad: Please help if you can. Thank you in advance.

2. ghuerth

ghuerth Senior Member

I believe its the toner not fusing to the plate needs more heat.

3. ACCMike

ACCMike New Member

Thank you. I will give it maximum heat and see what happens.

4. spikeboy

spikeboy Senior Member

metal plates are so much better last longer reusable /less problems / good luck make sure all press settings are correct
    no room for error with those crappy plates /check presssures /on blankets /form roolers /water forms /

5. ghuerth

ghuerth Senior Member

Some printers use a hair dryer or the shrink wrap hand held to bake it. Don't burn it!