Polcies for Inappropriate Content?

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by Docucopies, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Docucopies

Docucopies Member

Policies for Inappropriate Content?

Just wondering if anyone else has ever had an experience like this.

A couple weeks ago our online color copying and digital printing company had to turn down a job due to inappropriate content. It's our rule to reject adult/sexual material and/or ***********. Though this job was not strictly *********** per se, it was enough to make one of our employees feel uncomfortable about the situation. Ultimately, if our employees are not comfortable printing something we usually reject it.

Boy did that cause a backlash! Suddenly there were anime fans from all corners of the world posting libelous comments, accusing us of being bigots. Oh boy. So in response, I wrote a rather detailed explanation of our policies, specifically as it related to the rejection of said-job. Haven't gotten much response back yet from our accusers, so I'm guessing they opened their eyes a little bit, or they just don't care any more.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. It's kind of funny, just because some people get this outrageous idea that we have to print whatever they ask us to. People who aren't very well acquainted with the first amendment, apparently.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. cjwworld

cjwworld Member

I have seen this many years ago but it more disturbing than what you described. There was a person who came in and wanted us to print a booklet for them.. We were disturbed with the content and voted to refuse it

It was sick, despicting sexual act while raping or other forceful action. It was very disturbing

and BTW. really enjoyed your response in the comment field. Way to go.