Polar SD-P 55

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Greg Vasillo, May 24, 2020.

1. Greg Vasillo

Greg Vasillo New Member

I have a Polar SD-P 55 that i had to move to a residential area during these times. I purchased a Phoenix Phase converter so the power in the residence can be converted from single to 3 phase. It comes with a box that connects to the residential power, and then to a motor that creates the 3 phase. My electrician (he's doing something like this for the first time) had connected the power box directly to the press first w/o first connecting the motor to enable 3 phase. The cutter turned on, moved position, then turned off. After we called Tech at Phoenix, they instructed him the correct hook up. Now that its correct, the cutter won't even turn on. Everything has power when he tested, but it won't power on.

I hope this makes some sense. If anyone has any experience with this it would be appreciated. He thinks maybe a fuse blew and is coming back Tuesday to check.

Any help is appreciated.

Greg
    MK&T Design and Print

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

Let me know, what king converter model do you have from Phoenix? a) rotary motor or b) box or send me Pics.

In order to help you quickly.

Have a Lot of experience with that, inside +Outside of USA

Blessing

3. Greg Vasillo

Greg Vasillo New Member

Thank you so much for getting back to me quickly it is greatly appreciated. I am attaching photos of the box and the motor. I am meeting the electrician tomorrow, he is going to test the fuses and see if any of them blew.

Attached Files:

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Greg:

Attached is there the wiring diagram for some converter Phoenix.
    As you will in the Box RED, the electrical Tech, must measure the Input coming from electrical box for 3 phases( i do not know if you using 220Vca, or 380 Vca, or whatever) .

2) However the input for the box of paper cutter Polar for example if is: 220Vca, must be there that Voltage measuring with a Good DMM.

3) If Not there test the C.Breaker( reset) if there are o.k, and tight very well the wires coming from the output of c.breaker.

4) The terminal of motor must be according like Polar send the schematic for terminal motor , atached is there in Screen shot how to connect 3 phases Motor Delta+Star : Delta for 220Vca attached is there how to connect in Delta +Star.

Blessing

Attached Files:

5. Greg Vasillo

Greg Vasillo New Member

Hi Chock thank you for all the info. Machine has all proper voltage, but the board does not light up. When i turn the power on nothing happens. The electrician tested the board and everything has power.

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

I did indicate send me Pics what board does Not light up??

1) what the input do you have 220Vac, 380Vac let me know, or take a Pics with the DMM indicating the Voltage reading.

Let me know, urgently

or send me your email

Blessing

7. Greg Vasillo

Greg Vasillo New Member

The electrician just left. I attached the images of everything there is for the cutter. He tested everything using a voltage tester and he said everything on the board is showing power.

Attached Files:

8. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    You must sure if you technician is very skill with the industrial electronic/electrical : equipment

1) after i saw the Pics, that you send me , i did Observe the Display in the paper cutter does NOT have power, that mean that you do not Have Power supply in the Entire machine!!!

2) I did suggest follow this steps; a) test the fuses: f8 +f7 in the Primary Transformer , for 220Vac or 380Vac, see if the connection is o.k according with the power of converter, if the converter the output you must connect the connector in 22oVac, in the primary of Tr1

3) After you did that test ; a) test the power supply in the secondary of the transformer Tr1:

b) 9.5 Vca fuse F1 for optical cutting .

c) 8Vca - F2(FUSE)
    Rectified and stabilized
    to +9 V d.c. (LED V2) and
    for +5 V d.c. on card CP 55 Very Important .

d) 24Vca Fuse F3 :
    Rectified and stabilized for
    brake device on the backgauge
    drive motor and for relay control LED(V1) .

e) 42Vca - fuse
    For control circuit of
    contactors and rectified to
    42 V d.c.for hydraulic valve.

Blessing