Polar mohr em 55 problem

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by VasoM, Dec 18, 2020.

1. VasoM

VasoM New Member

Hello,
    I am having a problem with Polar em 55 guillotine.
    When I input a cutting distance, and measure the cut paper by ruler, the measurement is off by a variable distance, 2mm maximum.
    Tried cleaning the measuring head on the machine, but when I put it back together and tried inputting a cutting distance, the numbers on the display started going crazy, and the slider went all the way back to the maximum distance.
    I switched the machine off in the middle of running the slider back, then powered on. Now all the numbers on the display are gone, only a "0" on the left side of the display and a dot on the right.
    I can do a light test, and I can do an initial run from the min to the max distance. After I press "c" on the keyboard, I get manual controls, but the "0" and the dot are still on the display, and I can't input coordinates.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

Please make the following test:

1)8 Vca secondary of Transformer

2) test the fuse F2 = 3,15 A Rectified and stabilized
    to +9 V d.c. (LED V2) and
    for +5 V d.c. on card CP 55, this for Display console, see if they are , and in Tolerance, must be 0.5 %up or down, otherwise repair the board or replace it.

3) Look for loose connectors, loose cable, broken wires, or dry or colder joint solder in the board, clean all connector, and boards.

Merry Christmas

3. PWInc

PWInc Member

The only thing you did is dismantle the scanning head. Make sure you aligned the bearings to the track when you put back the scanning head. Did you forget screws attached to the backgauge or cable from LMS to the backplane?

presswares.com

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

????

What did happen

Blessing