Polar Mohr 92 Standard will not complete cycle blade stuck down

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by vtlco, Jun 1, 2016.

1. vtlco

vtlco Member

We have this old cutter for a while, now intermittently it will not complete the cycle and the blade will be stuck in the down position. I suspect that the cut sequence relay contact is worn. It is the two big relay just outside the card cage. I don't have any information on this unit. I'm electrically and mechanical incline. If there is anybody out there that can provide me with the information, it will be greatly appreciated.
    A while back I took out the periscope and install a digital display in place with encoder.
    Thanks,
    Vergil

2. vtlco

vtlco Member

By the way my email is vtlco1@yahoo.ca. I have already replaced the cut switch. Is the big relay (Haller Releis) still available anywhere.
    Thanks,
    Vergil

3. vtlco

vtlco Member

The complete information for Polar M Standard 92 is model 92 CS. s/n 4911242. If at all possible I like to get further documentation for four other cutter that we have.
    Polar Mohr 92 EMC s/n 5116655, Polar Mohr 76 EM s/n 5561793, Polar Mohr 66 s/n 69H1257, Polar Mohr 55 s/n ?, Polar Mohr 72 Electromat s/n?. My email
    address is vtlco1@yahoo.ca. Thank you in advance.
    Regards,
    Vergil

4. Risu

Risu Senior Member

Yes, Remove relay plastic cover and clean relay contacs with sandpaper.
    Worked for me years ago...

I cant remember anymore which relay it was. On the right side.

5. vtlco

vtlco Member

Hi Risu,
    I already removed the plastic cover and tried to clean the contact, it still doing it but not that often. Do you know where I can source a replacement relay?
    Thank you for your help,
    Vergil

6. Risu

Risu Senior Member

It´s old rare relay, Heidelberg tryed to charge 400 euros for that. That´s why I cleaned relay and it´still working since 2011.
    Take the relay type number and ask from your local electronichobbyshop for that.

7. vtlco

vtlco Member

Hi Risu,
    I'll clean it up again this time I'll get a very fine sandpaper. I was thinking of replacing the relay with a generic general purpose 6PDT relay that I bought with relay base so that if it worn out again I can just pull plug and play. Can you give me any insight and or comment. Do you have any documentation for
    my unit and the unit I listed above. The way I troubleshoot the problem was watching the relay pulling and this one sometime chatter.
    Thank you for taking time to help me,
    Vergil

8. vtlco

vtlco Member

Hi Coloured Paper,
    You seem to be the go to person for documentation for the above cutters. Will you be able to provide me with that information. My email address is vtlco1@yahoo.ca.
    Thanks,
    Vergil