Polar Mohr 82 ST

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Bread_O, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Bread_O

Bread_O Member

Good Day,

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for a Polar 82 ST guillotine. Machine no. 1/65 0062

thanks

Sundesh

2. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Are you sure this machine is an 82 ST and not an 82 EL ???
    The list says this is an EL.
    Whatever, I need an Email address
    Coloured paper

3. Bread_O

Bread_O Member

Yes the tag says 82 ST (this has the 'periscope' measurement system not computer controlled)
    My email address is sundeshr@gmail.com

Thank you

4. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

the official drawings 0201B and 0202B are on the way

coloured paper

5. Bread_O

Bread_O Member

Thank you kindly :)

Would you happen to know about repairing these machine. I have a problem where the blade does not come down anymore. Press the two buttons and nothing happens. I have never worked on these machines before. Im suspecting its a relay or something

6. Peter_K

Peter_K New Member

Good day Sir,

Thank you for your reply.

It is a 80EL

7. Srdjan

Srdjan New Member

Hi Coloured paper,
    Do you maybe have the wiring diagram for a Polar 82 EL guillotine. Machine no. 67/1189. and any other diagrams for that machine?
    I am new in this community so I don't now how to post question fore everybody to see but I see you have diagrams for different machines and I urgently need them because my shop is not working write now. Please if you have them send them on may e-mail address and I would be very grateful: srdjan@studio5do12.com is the address. If you need anything I can help you with (colour managment is my speciality and digital printing) just ask....

thank you very much

8. Bill Slugg

Bill Slugg New Member

Polar Mohr 82 ST 1/66 #0173 ? The blade will not come down. Relay kicks in but the clutch does not engage.

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Sir:
    Please1) test the Relay of machine, contact can be dirty, you must clean it and adjust with the clearance acceptable.
    2) Measure the +42Vdc to the solenoid for Hydraulic( clamp and knife ) work with Hydraulic System.

10. oabrahim

oabrahim Member

Hello Chock, taking about Polar 82, with white valve box. Recently I found a touble in a Polar 82. Turning on the machine it begins to cut and clamp constantly without pressing the cut buttons. Turned off the machine, the solenoid for Hydraulic was desconnected to isolate the origin of the failure. Turning on the machine again we obteined the same, it begin to cut and clamp constantly. The solenoid was desmounted and I found the ball under the solenoid axe. The ball was removed to check what happen. In this case, of course the machine do nothing. The axe of the solenoid can move free by hand. The solenoid was tested externally fo the client feeding with 42 vdc and it works. Its clear that the solenoid axe and the ball are in contact every time, this is the cause that the machine cut and clamp every time its turned on. Now the questions: 1) what is the diameter original of the ball. This in the machine is 6 mm diameter. 2) What must be the distance of the axe during cut function. I think that somebody lost the original ball and replaced for a different diameter ball. Of course this is and old machine and many persons had been passed by this machine before. I'm trying to help this client.
    Wait your comments.
    Best Regards

11. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Mr Oabrahim:

Am from Nicaragua, hope you are well in special with the Covid-19.

In short, you have a problem with the electrical system in Polar 82, is NOT hydraulic problem.

Please 1) adjust the lever plastic in the gear with the limit swtich b22a+b22b, the adjustment will be to : Proof and error
    since many persons try it to fix it.

You must go exchange it the possition of lever until is fix it. Of course the limit switch, you must see if the contact are wear or dirty, or faulty, or broken, repair or replace.

Remember this limit swtich, work like Cut button : b28a+b28b

Good luck

Blessing

12. oabrahim

oabrahim Member

13. oabrahim

oabrahim Member

Hello Chock, I'm from Venezuela like you saw in perfil, Here we have a new wave increasing the levels of people contaminated and thtis week we have been confined to our homes. Taking care, so we have a high risk. I hope you are taking care too, it is mandatory.

Returning to the problem, you're right, limit swtich, work like Cut button : b28a+b28b. Let me tell you that at the beggining I was thinking that the trouble were electrical, but remember, in my speech I have explained that to discard an electrical origin I have disconnected the electrical feed to the only one solenoid that control the cut and clamping in this machine. Once disconnected there is any possibility to excitate the coil of this solenoid with any voltage coming from the push buttons or from the switchs b22a + b22b. In this condition, electrically isolated I turned on the machine and this cut and clamp constantly. Then I have retired the ball inside the hydraulic box and assembled again the valve without the ball. When turn on the machine nothing happenned. This is the reason becasue I think that in the rest position the axis of the solenoid is in contact and pressing down the ball interrupting the oil flow to the tank, increasing the pressure in the hydraulic circuit and causing the coupling of the clutch just when turning on.

With the solenoid disconnected there is no possibility that the source of the fault is electrical. And I must aggregate that the two limit switches were checked first at all and readjusted to discard a maladjustment origin fo the trouble.

I think it will be usefull, to solve the failure, to know the mechanical data about the diameter in milimeters of the original ball and the distance of the axis of the solenoid in state of rest and in excited state. Chock, If you know where to find these data let me know please.

In any case, I will continue testing in the workshop and if I find an appropriate solution, I will share it here in collaboration with the forum.

My best regards for you all,

Get lucky...!

PD: Chock, I have a question. You are from Nicaragua or you are German living in Nicaragua? let me know. Its a pleasure to talk with you.. If you give an email may be we can share more experiences in Heidelberg.

Greetings.

14. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

I do not know, what you mean measuring the ball, really do not know what is the diameter .

However if you believe the problem is Solenoid, you can buy new one from some equipment using hydraulic device.

Go to some place they selling parts for hydraulic equipment, like , plane, forklift, etc.

But i must remember you if the Solenoid is NOT get the +42Vdc the knife and Clamp will NOT work , and stop for security Reason.

The best way to fix it, is Exchange the complete block unit( yellow color is faulty) for Safety Reason,

remember some Accident can occur to the operator with you hands, a Lot of time i did see this problem.

You must replace or repair in Lab Test if you are sure that some one is Skill to do it.

Blessing