Polar-mohr 72 CS user guide needed urgently

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Paven, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Paven

Paven Member

Hi Guys

I am looking for a polar mohr 72CS user guide. I have problem cutting on this unit. Instead of the paper cutting in a striaght line like this " l " it cuts the paper like this "/ " . I have checked my backguage and it seems to be acurate. I am lost with this machine. Please help..... Thanks guys

2. FSA

FSA Senior Member

Squaring cutter is very touchie job, take a picture or two of the backgate and post it then I'll try and talk you through it, funny I just squared a Challenge this morning.

3. Bengineering

Bengineering New Member

Hi your problem might not be with your backgauge. You need to check that your clamp is working. If there is no clamp pressure then the knife will drag your material. If your guillotine is a mid 70's to early 80's machine you need to check the clamp pressure pedal. The plastic pedal normally splits at the bottom this results in no clamp pressure. A simple check is to place a pile of material under the clamp, put a coin under the clamp away from the knife, set the clamp on low pressure and take a cut, without cutting the coin. The coin should make a slight indentation. Increase the clamp pressure to maximum, move the coin to another spot and take a cut. You should be able to see if the clamp pressure is working.

The key to cutting paper is to have a sharp knife, correct clamp pressure and a square back gauge.

Hope this helps.