Polar EMC 137 measurement calibration

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by oharek, Feb 5, 2015.

1. oharek

oharek Member

I want to adjust the measurement calibration on a Polar EMC 137 monitor. I am ashamed to admit I forget how to do it. It is definitely off. I have 2 Polar with Microcuts and 1 still with the monitor. It's been so long since I did the monitor I need a refresher course.:eek:

2. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Hi oharek!
    I can help regarding the real Polar. Therefore I need an Email address.
    Microcut I don't know and I don't want to know.

Best regards
    Coloured paper

3. oharek

oharek Member

Hi CP
    Thanks. Sent you a PM with the email address.

4. mohamad moussa

mohamad moussa New Member

Hi guys, I'm new to this Forum !! i would really appreciate any info you can give me for calibrating our newly acquired Polar 137 as the manual is in German.

Thanks a lot !!

my email is mwm@ipcsa.com

5. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Hi!
    Before somebody is able to help you have to tell at least the machine type or the machine number. The setting procedures are very different. Up to the genereration Monitor the setting has to be made on boards and beginning with the generation ED the setting is made via the display.

Coloured paper

6. jmt996

jmt996 New Member

I want to adjust the measurement calibration on a Polar EMC 137 monitor. Can anyone lend a hand. I am out about an 1/8th of an inch. In automatic mode I get three beeps when I go to position and then will not cut unless I go to manual mode then back to automatic.

7. NimeshSilva

NimeshSilva Senior Member

Hi,
    You have 2 problems.
    1. Position is not correct.
    2. The backgauge not stopping within tolerance.

First of all you must correct the 2nd problem. To do it, you have to adjust the backgauge brake mounted on the back of the backgauge drive motor.

Do you know how to adjust it? If you don't know, then I suggest you to let it do to an experienced technician. After you have adjusted it, then I'll teach you how to do the measurement correction.

Cheers

8. jmt996

jmt996 New Member

I am ready for the instruction on how to correct the measurement on the Polar 137. Thanks again for your help.

9. Tee Burnette

Tee Burnette New Member

Hello, I am looking for more information on setting the back gage for my Polar 137 emc, 5941054, is this page still active? Thank you.

10. NimeshSilva

Hi
    This is a very old thread. But it doesn't matter. Will try to help you out. Let me know exactly your problem.

1. Is the displayed measurement wrong?
    2. Middle display showing up dashes and beeping after a stop?
    3. Or something else?

11. Tee Burnette

Tee Burnette New Member

My back gage is about 12 inches off of what my display is reading.

12. NimeshSilva

That's a way out than usual. Something must have gone wrong or somebody might have tried it to "fix". But anyway, let's try to adjust it.

open the guard under the table and you will find a card called TAM. Take a clear photo of the blue decade switches and post it here. We'll go from there.

13. Tee Burnette

Tee Burnette New Member

Helo, I tried to upload a picture of the Tam card, looks like it didn't work. in the mean time I did manage to get the machine to within 3/16 of where it should be, but I seem to have run out of room with working with the dials.
    I have obtained some pages of a service manual but unfortunately it is not for this exact machine, it references the models 155 EMC and 115 EMC, I used the 155 emc reference point to start with with a value 77.5 and I think that is why I am still 3/16 out , do you know what the reference point is that I should be using? Thank you.