Polar EMC 115 Clamp Problem

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by ahmedmaher74, Oct 3, 2016.

1. ahmedmaher74

ahmedmaher74 Member

Hi Guys
    I have Polar 115 EMC model 1979 S# is 4936212.. The clamp shown in microcut down and wouldn't work .. if i press the pedal it goes down but goes up again in two hours ... everything else NOT working (cutting, air table, safety light..etc) nothing shown in micro cut screen.
    the cutter moved from place to another so if anyone can help I will be very appreciated..

the clamp always shown in microcut screen DOWN.

Please support

2. NimeshSilva

NimeshSilva Senior Member

Hi,
    I'm little bit confused with your problem,
    You said "nothing shows in microcut screen" and later you say it shows "CLAMP DOWN" which one is correct?

Seems you have older polar cutter retrofitted with microcut. Does the microcut powers on? Does it show "copyright GMS....." or "copyright C&P ......"?
    If above is OK, the "CLAMP DOWN" error usually occur because of the bad clamp sensor. But you said you have moved the cutter to another location. In that case, you should first check the sensor alignment. Sometimes the sensor may not sense the actual clamp but because of a misalignment it might sense the cutter frame. In the correct scenario, the sensor should sense (the LED of the sensor should go out) the clamp in it's topmost position.

Try it out and let me know.

The clamp up movement delay is a completely different problem. It has nothing to do with the microcut. You have 2 values on your value box in the left side of the right leg of the machine. It might be painted it blue or yellow. There are 2 solenoids on the value box. One is for clamping and cutting (in mounted on the top of the value box) and other one is called the "conical value" which mounted on the side of the value box. The conical value should get 42V in order the return the clamp up. Check the value coil, whether it's getting the 42V. And also there is switch installed on the machine frame to press when you release the foot peddle. Check the alignment of that switch too.

Hope this helps.