Polar 92CE hum instead of the usual motor startup, now won't start up

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Eric Adams, Jun 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Eric Adams

Eric Adams New Member

Went to turn on cutter today and got a hum instead of the usual motor startup. Turned it off and the motors started up normally. Now theres no hum and the cutter motor wont start up at all. Neither blade nor clamp will work and that motor isnt turning at all. Have tried cycling the motor manually. Which board/fuses should I try? No manual to work out of. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Please test this:
    1) See the fuses in section HP.e1 : 3 fuses for 10Amps , and make continuity test for the fuse, clean the sockets of the fuse for dirty, corroded, or bad contacts, clean very well, please TURN OFF, the machine before to do this.
    2) if everything is o.k, go to the main switch b2 and see the if small relais d-304 close, and use the DMM(digital multimeter) and see if in 3- terminals R-S-T in the main motor are the voltages: 220Vca or 380 or other Voltages that you are using in your country. Use the schematic diagrams.
    3) Please be sure, that in the b2, and terminal of main motor connection are Very tight, and clean it, can be loose, dirty, or corroded, or broken wires, repair, and the voltages are there, the tolerances must be in 10% up or down, otherwise, check the Main panel, or call your company supply of electricity.However you can set up the main transforme from the paper cutter : adjustment the Tap in the primary winding: Example: if you have supply 22oVca for your machine( other voltages according at your country, 380 or 440Vca , and you measure 240Vca, adjust the tap to 240Vca, and vice-versa.
    4) Finally Turn On the machine, and start the main motor, if the problem persist the Main motor, is faulty, test for Ground, Open with Megaohmeter. or go to Repair shop motor.
    Let me know any question.

3. Eric Adams

Eric Adams New Member

I found this on the board on the front left bottom of the cutter. Think this is the problem? Is this the cutter motor power board?

Attached Files:

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi:
    That you found is normally a filter: No incidency for your problem.
    but the Pic show me that your machine has Circuit Breaker, please reset very well, and try to clean with contact cleaner contact the Red parts,Disconnect the main switch to OFF for to avoid injuries
    2) However if after you clean and reset the circuit breaker, the machine has the same problem, please follow the steps that I indicate before you. for real troubleshooting.
    Let me know any question.

5. Eric Adams

Eric Adams New Member

I'm having trouble with the instructions.

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

i mean, with the instruction that i gave you before here again :
    2) if everything is o.k, go to the main switch b2 and see the if small relais d-304 close, and use the DMM(digital multimeter) and see if in 3- terminals R-S-T in the main motor are the voltages: 220Vca or 380 or other Voltages that you are using in your country. Use the schematic diagrams.
    3) Please be sure, that in the b2, and terminal of main motor connection are Very tight, and clean it, can be loose, dirty, or corroded, or broken wires, repair, and the voltages are there, the tolerances must be in 10% up or down, otherwise, check the Main panel, or call your company supply of electricity.However you can set up the main transforme from the paper cutter : adjustment the Tap in the primary winding: Example: if you have supply 22oVca for your machine( other voltages according at your country, 380 or 440Vca , and you measure 240Vca, adjust the tap to 240Vca, and vice-versa.
    4) Finally Turn On the machine, and start the main motor, if the problem persist the Main motor, is faulty, test for Ground, Open with Megaohmeter. or go to Repair shop motor.