Polar 92 monitor image failure

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Danyrton, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Danyrton

Danyrton Member

Hello, good afternoon. If you can help me I have a polar 92 em-monitor. Out of nowhere the screen got an image of crosses (+) and it no longer works. When I remove the RAM memory from the video card (tc5517cpl-15) it comes out an image of letters and numbers. I suspect the video card but I appreciate your help to solve the problem. Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi,

1) Check the Lithium battery, it is 3.5Vdc, if it drops below 3Vdc, you must replace it, and you only have 10 minutes to do it.

1a) Check the power supply; + 5Vdc + 12Vdc + 24Vdc that are in tolerance 07% Up or down.

2) then do Reset on the CP1 card, for the CPU, it sends the information to the VIDEO card 'VID (Video Controller)

3) See if the CMOS + EPROM, are well seated, and clean, that they do NOT have rust, or bad contacts.

4) Check the Ribbon cables, if they are rusted, or making bad contact, clean it with contacts cleaners.

5) Finally, if everything is fine, the VID card may be defective, but before discarding it, do a Resolder (for cold and dry soldering).

3. Danyrton

Danyrton Member

Hello, thank you, for answering. I already repaired the machine - the encoder cable was damaged. I was short and the 5vdc source dropped the voltage. Thanks for the support