Polar 92 emc 47 ohm resistor sizing

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Zx6rpunk, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Zx6rpunk

Zx6rpunk Member

so my gf work asked me to look at their cutter. I found lower than normal dc voltage everywhere, the 47 ohm resistor on the main power supply board has blown apart. This is the one located next to the 25mf capacitor. Does anyone know the wattage of the resistor? She had spent almost 5k in service calls. I think she has wasted enough money for being such a small shop. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Jeff

2. synthology

synthology Member

Wattage is 1 watt and I do not think it has any connection with " lower than normal voltage everywhere " , check incoming voltage to cutter and check if this corresponding with tag on main transformer.

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    The colleague Syntholoty, has reason is 1 watts for Power in resistor.

However is Nothing to do with the "Lower that normal voltage everywhere"".

Please take this test: 1) +5Vdc in Card BR 2)+5vDC in CU unit 3) +24Vdc in CU unit 4) +42Vdc in CU unit 5) -12Vdc in CU unit 6) -30Vdc CU unit, all tolerance will be in 5% up or down, otherwise, the power supply is defective.

However you must test the Voltages Input for 220Vac or 380 Vac or whatever voltages you use in the Primary Tap of Main transforme of the paper cutter, and adapt the respective Tap of the properly input.

4. Zx6rpunk

Zx6rpunk Member

Well, replaced the resistor, I took some pictures of the digital display, it seems like the cpu card starts some times and other times it doesn’t. By Saying CU, is that the top digital area or the cards on the bottom?

Attached Files:

5. Zx6rpunk

Zx6rpunk Member

On the 4a card I have no 42v dc but all other voltages are ok. I have all the prints with me. I was told by the operator that the service tech put the machine in stand by mode so it will still cut manually. I can’t find anything about a stand by mode?

6. Lopez Jaena

Lopez Jaena Member

What is the machine problem? The resistor at the left hand side has nothing to do with whatever voltages you're measuring. It's a filter circuit. Is your problem in the 7 segment display( cut off )? Cutting, backgauge, program???

7. Zx6rpunk

Zx6rpunk Member

Nothing works control wise, back stop runs all the way to the rear on start. Sometimes the cpu leds light up and it displays different segments, most of the time the cpu leds are off. No keys work, none of the manual controls work. I can se the input leds light for all the safety’s and levers.

8. Lopez Jaena

Lopez Jaena Member

Are all your voltages within tolerance? Post your readings. If it is, Nothing will work until you can scan your reference correctly. It should stop somewhere in the middle of the table. If it doesn't scan correctly, your backgauge will travel all the way to the rear.

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Sorry for my delay in answer, was traveling from my country Nicaragua, for to visit to my relatives, arrived yesterday to USA.
    1) I Would like to see the Pic for every Voltages that I did mentioned before
    2) If you have missing the 42Vdc, the machine will NOT WORK!!,repair or replace as you must know, the power supply is the Blood= Blood in the human being, like IAR, HK, YSB, y315,etc
    lack of one missing voltage NOTHING will work good.

10. Zx6rpunk

Zx6rpunk Member

I will get the voltages in a day or 2. The operator mentioned that the service tech had his computer hooked to it and put the cutter in stand by mode. What does this mean other than they cornered the owner into having them come back for the min $1500 charge?