Polar 78x does not store the machine. Writes the message "Error memory: delete" (240)

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by kronk, Aug 28, 2013.

1. kronk

kronk New Member

Hello!
    Polar 78x does not store the machine. Writes the message "Error memory: delete" (240)
    When you turn on the guillotine says size is not set. In the manual is not exposed. Only one model of the device. He complains constantly on memory.
    After switching on and off in a couple of minutes, all settings are lost.
    How to solve this problem?

2. THE TECH GUY

THE TECH GUY New Member

Polar

it sounds like your memory back up board is bad , its located under front off cutter.

3. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Привет kronk!

The first step (error 240) is logic to the second step (losing all memory). This machine must be some years old. Nothing is broken! I am assuming all your programs are gone, that’s it.

If the battery on the board CP is empty, the machine cannot store anything during switching off.

Look for an electrician, switch the machine off, take the board CP out (this board has a cable at the front), unplug the battery and check the voltage of the battery. It has to be more than 3V.
    You can as well by an original battery from Heidelberg CIS in Moscow. It will be just a bit expensive.

Afterwords the machine has to be initialized. This means you have to do a reference run, an initialization of the memory banks “A” and “B” and so on. This is all easy if you know what to do.

There is one alternative. You do the initialization and never switch the machine off (this was a joke). Do you know how to do the reference run? Then you may use the machine without storing programs, but you have at least measurements.

If you want I can send the technical information in English or I guide you thru. There is nothing made in Russian or Kazakh. Therefore you send me here in this forum an Email with your Email-address.

If you need technical help in Russian language, write in Russian. Мы посмо́трим. Me Russian is creativ, but it should be enough.

Best regards
    Coloured paper

4. kronk

kronk New Member

I know a little English. Please send documentation. I will try to do what you're told. I saw this battery. It is located near the bottom of RDA clip in the slots on the load board.
    My email: kronkalex@gmail.com

5. peregan

peregan New Member

How to make: " This means you have to do a reference run, an initialization of the memory banks “A” and “B” and so on."?
    Polar 92E
    S/N 6511517

6. odiorchukwuka

odiorchukwuka Member

THESE GUYS HAVE TOLD YOU THE RIGHT THING TO DO, YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE BATTERY(PART No:020220), IT'S A 3.6v dc BATTERY. IF THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS, THEN YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE CP BOARD. NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE TO REPLACE THE CP BOARD, YOU MUST CHECK THE SOFTWARE VERSION AND REPLACE WITH EXACTLY THE SAME SOFTWARE VERSION OR ELSE THE NEW CP WIIL NOT BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE KEYBOARD COMPUTER. WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.

ODIOR CHUKWUKA.

7. peregan

peregan New Member

I asked a specific question "how to initialize the memory"

8. juliocha

juliocha Member

Dear coloured paper,i have the same problem with a polar 78x,can you send me the information for fix this issue to my email,I really will apreciate all your help with this,thanks
    ferminjulio@hotmail.com

9. Coloured paper

@peregan
    If you switch a Polar cutter on and the machine starts with the view of the cutting program the control system knows where the backgauge is. If you switch the machine on and you see on the screen the following massage: "ACTUAL POSITION OF BACKGAUGE UNKNOWN". You have to do an initialization of the measurement system. This procedure is called “reference run”. In your operating manual (chapter 7) you have an instruction what to do.

In machines with older software you just start the backgauge, using the the hand fine adjustment or one of the buttons (for the backgauge movement) in the keyboard.
    In machines with newer software you go for "Scan reference position", you have to declare that the table is empty and start the backgauge.
    Afterwards the machine will automatically perform the reference run.
    If the reference run was successful you finish with “Current Position OK".
    At which step you have a problem?

@juliocha
    I will for sure help, but what is the same problem?
    In this thread we talked about:
    error 240
    unknown backgauge position
    how to do a reference run?

How can I help you?

Coloured paper

10. juliocha

juliocha Member

Dear friend,actually the cutter have the reference measure ok but still showing the error 240 when we try to make a program for cut,beside that I have not full the operating manual because was in paper and is almost distroyed for that reason I will appreciate if you can help me to find that manual in digital version,thanks a lot

11. peregan

peregan New Member

The problem is solved by a service engineer.
    Do not nag window "ACTUAL POSITION OF BACKGAUGE UNKNOWN".
    Thank you very much.

12. Coloured paper

Hi juliocha!

To fix error 240 is very easy.

On the keyboard you have light grey and dark grey push buttons. We go for the dark grey group on the left.
    To initialise the actual memory bank you go to “PROGRAM DIRECTORY” (bottom left dark grey button), push “DELETE” (in the display go get the information “SELECT / ERASE”), push “1”, push “-“ (minus), push “99” (to get “1-99”) and finish with “ENTER”.

Afterwards I would do the same thing with the second memory bank. The cutter has to memory banks “A” and “B”.
    You go to “SELECTION OF PROGRAMS” (middle lower dark grey button - the icon shows an open book without arrow).
    A small window opens. Now you push “1” for “MEMORY SEG: A/B” to change to the second memory bank.
    To initialise the second memory bank you go again to “PROGRAM DIRECTORY” (bottom left dark grey button), push “DELETE” (in the display go get the information “SELECT / ERASE”), push “1”, push “-“ (minus), push “99” (to get “1-99”) and finish with “ENTER”.

Now both memory banks are ready to be used.

But normally you should not have this problem. You will see if the machine works o. k. Otherwise let me know.

Coloured paper

13. Coloured paper

Hi juliocha!

To fix error 240 is very easy.

On the keyboard you have light gray and dark gray push button. You go for the dark gray group on the left.
    To initialize the actual memory bank you go to “PROGRAM DIRECTORY” (bottom left dark gray button), push “DELETE” (in the display go get the information “SELECT / ERASE”), push “1”, push “-“ (minus), push “99” (to get “1-99”) and finish with “ENTER”.
    Afterwards I would do the same thing with the second memory bank. The cutter has to memory banks.
    You go to “SELECTION OF PROGRAMS” (middle lower dark gray button - open book without arrow).
    A small window opens. Now you push “1” for “MEMORY SEG: A/B” to change to the second memory bank.
    To initialize the second memory bank you go again to “PROGRAM DIRECTORY” (bottom left dark gray button), push “DELETE” (in the display go get the information “SELECT / ERASE”), push “1”, push “-“ (minus), push “99” (to get “1-99”) and finish with “ENTER”.

Now both memory banks are ready to be used.

But normally you should not have this problem. You will see if the machine works o. k. Otherwise let me know.

Coloured paper

14. juliocha

juliocha Member

Ok,I will try that procedure,beside that what could be the acces code asked for service in the menu?

15. Coloured paper

For the error 240 the service gives you nothing.
    What do you like to destroy? Where do you like to show of?

16. juliocha

juliocha Member

Dear friend,I understand,I will try your procedure and will let you know the result

17. ibicenco

ibicenco Member

Hello there,Ihave the same problem and I have changed the small batery of the cardboard and erything solved.But now i have another problem withe code error 703 (inertion of the blade?)can somebody help me to resolve it?

18. Richard 777

Richard 777 Member

I have the same problem. I have a new battery and I will install it tomorrow. I know how to do the initialization of the backguage but I don't know how to do the initialization of the A and B memory banks. If anyone can help me with this It would be greatly appreciated. Also all the settings for backguage movement are blank as well. The cutter is a model 92xt.

19. ibicenco

ibicenco Member

hi richard 77,
    you just get to the memory bank and set delete 1-99 for every memory bank to clean all ,that all.