Polar 78 - Cut Circuit Interrupted

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Marlini, Jul 9, 2024 at 2:44 PM.

1. Marlini

Marlini Member

Good Day,
    I have been battling with trying to fault find this error. It is a permanent 132 fault. So I have been reading the forum and trying various things.
    I tried making a program with "clamp without cut". The error comes immediately without the clamp moving.
    I have taken a photo of the light barrier and attached. Will someone advise if this is correct behaviour?
    When the cut buttons are pressed, the safety lever remains in locking position.
    Also SK85 lights up V84-V88 very quickly and generates the error.
    We measured the voltages on the PS95. All within spec. 12.07, 24,02 and 5.1V.
    We sprayed the terminals of the light barrier with contact cleaner.
    The Safety bolt proximity sensors were tested, cleaned and reinstalled.
    We are not getting any voltage on the safety lever solenoid. Will the SK95 - K1 relay immediately activate the solenoid when the cut buttons are pressed. If so, then this could be the problem but my feeling is that the SK95 is seeing some condition that is preventing the clamp/cut operation and hence K1 is not being activated.
    Any tips on what to do or look for will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to CHOCK and Adil for already providing some earlier advice.

Attached Files:

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    Normally this is :
    1) Malfunction can be caused by a defective SK95 board. It is quite
    "normal" if this malfunction occurs sporadically. However test : sensors and cabling of cutting cycle

2) Check knife upstroke control, replace if necessary and connect it to +24Volt

3) Check safety bolt; axial play, shatter of switches B. SBE + B. SBA, switching cam.

3. Marlini

Marlini Member

Thanks so much for your reply. We checked all of these functions and all seems to be in order. Can it be something with the hydraulics? A drive belt was replaced and since then we have had this fault. Thanks

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

You must try to adjust the cam for circuit MHS for to stop the Knife in the exactly upper dead center.,

and be sure if the voltages; +24 + 5Vdc are present in the electronic board MHS logic .

The Relays k1 +k2 use are working in the logic unit, and sensors B1-B4 are receiving voltages.

Finally the relays k3+k4 control the valves hydraulic Y33 +Y27

Bleed the complete hydraulic system, in case that everything is working.

5. Marlini

Marlini Member

Thanks so much for your response.
    Can you advisr me on how to adjust the cam.

According to the drawings i have. K1 Relay on SK95 board controls safety lever solenoid. Which drawing has K1, K2, K3 anf K4 as well as B1 to B4.
    Thanks so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated. I have learnt so much from you and other members on this Forum

6. Marlini

Marlini Member

See layout of machine sensors. This is for Polar 78. I dont see K3 and K4 and B1 to B4.

Attached Files: