Polar 66 Calibration

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by BosRot, Mar 27, 2015.

1. BosRot

BosRot Member

My Polar 66 requires calibration. The cutting size is out by 0.7 mm.
    Does anyone have information on how to calibrate the Polar 66.
    I have tried to calibrate via the display but I am not certain if a service code is required.

2. Oleh

Oleh Member

Open the electrical box. Look for an x10 switches and so on. Install a new marzan and a knife. Adjust the back focus vertically and horizontally. The switches on the board adjust the compliance of the mechanical and electrical zero. After changing the positions of switches back stop in the end and return back.
    This should be done for older models Polar 92.

3. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Hi BosRot!

The adjustment of the current size is easy.

First of all you need an idea how much the size is off. There for you have some possible ways to check.

I cut some flat paper (maybe 0.5 to 1 cm height) at 20.5 cm, turn the material 180° around, cut at 20 cm und at 10 cm. Now I have two piles. Before I compare, I take the upper and the lower three sheets away. Now I compare and suggest the difference.

Another good way of checking the cutter size is:
    You cut some flat paper for example at 10.5 cm, turn the material 180° around, and cut at 10 cm. Now you have one pile. The next step is measuring this master peace. A normal ruler will not work! You need for sure a caliper. Because paper is soft, you fold the paper first and measure parallel to the fold. Now the paper is stiff and the measurement is proper. But do not use a ruler or equivalent, this will not work.

Now the adjustment
    Select the "MAIN MENU" + 6
    Make selection of function 1 „CORRECT. CURRENT POS.“
    and 2 „CORRECT CURR. POSITION“
    Enter the measured size and finish with ENTER
    This setting should be verified once more by making a dual cut, because a precise setting is only possible when the system is loaded with material to be cut.
    Once the settings have been finished, the program data image is displayed and the machine is ready

If the measurement after the next knife change is different, your size was not incorrect - one of the knifes is sh.......

Good luck
    Coloured Paper

4. Dinca Razvan

Dinca Razvan Member

Hello,

Can someone please help me with a small problem with my POLAR 66, I have observ that a I have a crash on a BACK BOARD ho sustain that 3 main Boards, and because of that my front Panel dosen't work if I push any number from Panel the POLAR if full block.

Best regards,
    Dinca Razvan
    office@grafart.ro