Polar 58EM error

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Art_I_shock, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Art_I_shock

Art_I_shock Member

after machine turn on during the machine operation, error numbers "39" with dashes are indicated at the nominal value display, Could somebody say what a problem I have with cutter?

2. NimeshSilva

NimeshSilva Senior Member

Hi,
    You have a problem with the measurement. Have you tried to re calibrate the backgauge?

If not, try this, push the handwheel to release the backgauge brake. While still pushing, turn the power off. Then turn it back on. And press the handwheel middle button to start the calibration. The backgauge will move back and measurement will be displayed.

And also observe the false clamp plate position. If it still on the clamp, remove it and put it on it's resting position and try above again.

Hope this helps.

3. Art_I_shock

Art_I_shock Member

Thanks for you information, but on my cutter there is no handwheel middle button. I can only push it or pull it. When I push I can maually move backgauge.
    So How calibration procedure begin?

4. NimeshSilva

You have up arrow and down arrow on the keyboard, right? Use them.

5. Art_I_shock

Art_I_shock Member

Thanks a lot for calibration procedure. Work fine.

With our problem we fight this way.
    After washing with alcohol connection board, which was in oil on other side, we got another problem with relays. We have clean each relay contacts with paper. So after cleaning cutter begin to work, but measurement system lost "zero". It begin shows from 800mm to 300mm. So made correction with S2,S3,S4,S5 switches. So now it works fine.

6. NimeshSilva

Glad your machine back in production..
    Cheers..