Polar 58em Back guage not moving forward

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Manjeet, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Manjeet

Manjeet Member

I have Polar 58em 1995 cutter, the back gauge is not moving forward. I checked the panel and found relay K12a is not operating so I traced the circuit and found there is no relay signal on x552 connector pin no.2. at the PCB.

Please help me to sort out this problem.
    Thanks in advance..........Manjeet

2. Manjeet

Manjeet Member

I was checking the machine today as follows
    1. Voltage on keboard its. 8.6v and 5.4v
    2. Checked the X552 cable for breakage it was found ok
    3. Checked the fwd key it displayed error 22 while I kept it pressed and switched on
    4. Then I calibrated the machine it worked perfectly moved the gauge fwd and backward thus calibration completed.
    Result : after the machine is calibrated I tried to move the back gauge manually it moved in reverse direction but not in fwd direction.
    Please help me to sort out this.
    Also if there is any data loss please guide me how to recover it. This machine was kept long without operation.

3. andy martin

andy martin Member

Does the back gauge move forward in automatic mode. If yes the problem is probably on the micro switch located on the hand wheel

4. Manjeet

Manjeet Member

Sir I have checked the handwheel micro switch and its working perfectly. Moreover fron keyboar the guage is moving in one direction only.
    All the switches on keyboard display error 29 while pressed and switched on.

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

Please test the following micro switch see his schematic s10 + s14, and see if they working good, or loose connections, or faulty, look if there are voltage +24 vDC

2) The contactor fro return K15 must be Activated, see if there voltage in the coil of contactor, see his schematic for Voltage normally, 220Vac or 110Vac, or see directly in the printed label, the voltage for coil. replace it or see if the fuse Feeding the coil, is o,k of faulty.

3) Look for any loose connector, or corroded, or faulty wires broken.

6. Manjeet

Manjeet Member

S14 and s10 are working fine.
    When is press button in hand wheel s14 get pressed which cause K15a relay to operate and k15a makes k15 work then gauge moves backward. K15 is woking fine.
    K12 is for forward movement. K12 it not working .
    When i pull the hand wheel s10 gets pressed but k12a relay does not work, which will then make k12 work and gauge will move forward.
    In photo i attached, A1 of k12a has 24v with respect to ground. But A2 is not getting 0v from CP0 card. Wire is good from CP0 to k12a relay. 20210705_115719.jpg

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

1) ok, if K12A is NOT working, measure the following

2) put the black wires test from DMM, in Red Post(0V) not GROUND OK? in the Polar

3) the Red wire test from the DMM IN X20,7, IF there are Voltage in the k12A not working, the Relais is faulty,

4) However if the there are NOT IN X20,7 test for continuity the limit switch S9, for open, or loose wires, or faulty , if is o.k measure Voltage in X20,4 , if there are NOT test both limit switchs; s6+s8 for continuity , and look for loose wires, open switch, and replace it.!!

8. Manjeet

Manjeet Member

Thanks Mr.CHOCK,
    I checked all the switches connected to x20 connector. All the switches are related to back gauge movement. After searching for all other switches I found the knife up micro switch s358 was not in proper place and was not presses while the knife was at home position. So I adjusted the switch s358 in proper place the machine started working good. Now the machine is fully operating perfect.
    Thanks all for helping me to find out the fault. Regards to all

9. Manjeet

Manjeet Member

Sorry it was not s358 but s391.

10. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Ok Sir .

Thank you, Great job.

Blessing

11. Manjeet

Manjeet Member

Mr. CHOCK
    another problem has occurred, i.e. overload tripping. My machine is single phase 220 AV. The motor amps are 14.5 when I start the cut the machine trips (some times not every time). Please help.
    secondly should I start the different thread for this.
    Manjeet

12. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

Normally this machine is 3 phases 220Vac, and the main transformer primary has 2 fuses F7+F8 For to protect the winding of transformer.

2) if his machine, has 220Vac for single phase, there are the problems 1) with the winding motor( reheating) NOT burning, but the Varnish inside for to protect the Windings, is faulty, and you can take the motor to electrical shopt. 2) Normally this type of motor for single phase, has coming with some capacitor, and can be leakage, you must replace it 3) look for some LOOSES wires in the Input of main lines 4) for the main transformer 5) See if the voltage is Low or High, and depend that you measure with the DMM, adjust the Tap of primary of winding of main transformer