Polar 137EMC monitor backgauge size problem

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Wai58, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Wai58

Wai58 Member

Hi, I got problem on the backgauge measurement size. I had try to calibrate the backgauge reference point on the PI board and had achieve the required size. i.e. 1M is 1M. But when I cut the size in half, i.e. 500mm then the 2 are not equal. The outside piece is slightly bigger than the inside by around 1.5mm. Even I cut in half the 500mm, the outside is also 1.5mm bigger than the inside. I had exchange the PI board but still same. Clean already the LMS but no help. Anyone had idea where is the problem? Thank you.

2. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Hi!

In general I would check first if the backgauge is really out of position. Maybe you can make you self a reference tool. Let’s say you cut a solid big board to a size of 500 mm. Whenever you have the feeling the machine is not working correct, you use the board and verify the backgauge position. You should be able to see 1.5 mm difference.

If the backgauge is not in the right position and the machine does not give you an error massage, the linear scale is loosing pulses or the trailer cable is broken.
    If the backgauge position is okay you may have trouble with (not enough) clamping, maybe the knife is not working correct, maybe there is something in the paper and and and …..

Coloured paper