Polar 115x light barrier interrupted false positive

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Slade W, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Slade W

Slade W New Member

Hello,

Our Polar cutter recently stopped working in the middle of a job. The light barrier indicates that there's an obstruction, but no such obstruction exists. We've had this problem before, and subtle re-alignment has fixed it in the past, but now nothing I do can get any indicator lights (except D5 and D6) to come on. I've cleaned everything to remove potential dust, I can't find any loose wires, and nothing appears to be physically wrong with it.

I'm wondering what else there is to do. Is there a part internal to the machine that often goes bad or gets jostled out of position? Is there an official method/process for properly aligning the two arms (as might happen during installation)? What diagnostics can I perform to find out where this problem is coming from?

Thank you

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    If you test everything, please take care about Oxide pins in connector, try to clean with Contacts Cleaner Spray for electronic.

2) You must test the power supply : a) in transmitter for +24Vdc with tolerance 3% up or down. b) in +12Vdc in the receiver side, with 3% of tolerance up or down.

3) If the power supply is defective or is higher or down with the parameters of tolerance, go the power supply electronic board ps10, and take the test properly and carefully.

3. Vako

Vako New Member

Happened exactly same story , just after changing oil , after 15 minute cutter stopped ,
    What could make the problem I have no idea :(((

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Sir;

1) Test the power supply x + 24Vdc +12 Vdc in the Power supply electronic board, must be in tolerance with 0.7% up or down.otherwise you must repair or replace it.!!!!

2)
    The light barrier is supplied with 24 Vd.c. on the transmitter side and 24 Vd.c. as well as 12 Vd.c. on
    the receiver side., tested very well the power supply, and look very well the connector look for plug 600.8+9, can be loose, corroded, or loose pins, or dirty with oil, etc
    Use special contacts cleaner for Electronic.

3)V83 red Safety lever (YSB) in the BOAR SK 95 , SEE if THE led color RED v83 Basic condition OFF (before to push cut button)