Polar 115EL cutting problems

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by StevO, Jul 28, 2019.

1. StevO

StevO New Member

I greet you all.
    Good to be with you.
    I am new here.

Ours is a Polar 115EL s/nr. 69/3820.
    The machine has changed hands many times. No manual.

Problem:-
    Blade will not come down when the cutting buttons are pressed but the clamp do.

The hydraulic oil level at the sump is okey and we bled the system to remove air. No external oil leakage from anywhere.

The m/c was in use when this problem suddenly developed.

Any idea for a solution?

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Welcome to the Forum.

Please do this, supposing that you did the correct bleeding in many places of the machines,since you do not have tech instruction or documentations:

1) Test in the connectors: D35.1 +D34.3 for +24Vdc .

2) If there are: please go after you press the cut button b28a+b28b connector D34.8 If there are go to Pin 8/39=24Vdc (board # 8 pin 39) go Pin 8/30 or 8R2 =24vDC.

3) If there are go to measure : +42Vdc-50vDC in Pins a) 8/16= +42Vdc-50vDC b) 8/17 = ,+42Vdc-50vDC , this voltage is coming from Transformer M; for to feed Both solenoids ;M27A+M27B, Both control the Hydraulic Clamp + Clutch !

4) If the+24Vdc is NOT coming from D35.1 +D34.3 ,Please test the electronic board(power supply) #3 for +24Vdc ,receptacle for Test 3G2, see the fuse 4Amp.

5) Test the power supply board #2 ; Test receptacles: 2G1 +6Vdc +2G2 -6Vdc.

3. StevO

StevO New Member

Thanks CHOCK for your response.

The m/c has only one solenoid at the hydraulic control yellow block and the voltage is present when the cutting button are pressed and at this point the clamp come down normally but the blade will not. The clamp returns when the switches are released.

With this I think (I may be wrong) for the clamp to respond to the command from the switches means the solenoid is actuated and the conditions for the interlocks in the circuits feeding the coil has been fulfilled.

One more observation. The pressure at the allen bolt on the the gear box when bleeding the hydraulic system for the clutch is low (i mean not spraying out as I expected). What is the normal.

Please note also in this polar 115EL 69/3820 model there are just relays and contactor many of them and not PCB modules at the electrical control panel.

Could you please assist by sending the sections of the drawing relevant for troubleshooting this problem.

Thanks again.

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Sorry i did mistake with 115 CE+CS vs EL:

Follow this steps: attached is there the explanation

Attached Files: