Polar 115CE Issue

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by ppcbox, Jun 25, 2019.

1. ppcbox

ppcbox Member

Help please !!

I have a Polar 115CE from 1974, over the past 2 to 3 weeks we have been having an on going issue where the machine will cut but after 5 or 10 or 20 cuts the blade will not engage, the barrier lights go out but it will not cut.
    I had all 10 of the safety bulbs replaced with new bulbs (5 amp) and refocused last week but the problem persists. When I turn the power switch back one notch and turn it back to the full-on position the blade will cut, but may only cut as little as 5 cuts before stopping. The blade on occasion will stop halfway of three quarters way through cutting the stock.
    The engineer checked the 2 cut buttons and the PCB boards and all is correct.
    The sound from the machine is good / normal and there is no evidence of any oil leaks.

I'm at a loss, our next plan is to go through all the wiring individually to check for issues.

If you have any ideas or experienced similar issues or have any manuals for this machine I'd really appreciate your feedback
    Many Thanks

Attached Files:

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Please do this test:

1) Normally this machine paper cutter has a safety bolt; is located in rear above from the main gear. look for the limit switch b.sb, SEE if there are loose cable, or broken cables, or bad adjustment switch or faulty switch. When you touch the both cut buttons b28a+b28b activated this safety bolt, the shaft touch the limit switch, many times this limit s, if faulty or bad adjustment, or the same safety bolt is lack of lube.

2) Lube the safety bolt, with Graphite this is lubricant coming with a pencil with erase, and lube very the safety bolt, sometimes this devices is faulty, look the +42Vdc at terminals D40.3+D40.6. Look for your schematic diagrams

3) If the voltage +42Vdc is NOT coming , test the small relays d1+ d2+d3 , in the electronic board 7SB, look for broken contacts,or dirty, or bad joint soldering.

3. ppcbox

ppcbox Member

Hello Chock

Many thanks for the advice, my engineer had mentioned a safety bolt but when he searched for it he informed me there was none on the machine.
    "look the +42Vdc at terminals D40.3+D40.6. Look for your schematic diagrams" "If the voltage +42Vdc is NOT coming , test the small relays d1+ d2+d3 , in the electronic board 7SB, look for broken contacts,or dirty, or bad joint soldering."
    I dont have any manuals or diagrams for this machine, would you have copies available to share with me?

I've attached a couple of extra pictures of the machine if they can assist

Thanks again for your time
    Paul

Attached Files:

4. ppcbox

ppcbox Member

Thanks again

My engineer is due back in a couple of days, I will let you know the outcome