POLAR 115 X PLUS

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Vahe, May 17, 2019.

1. Vahe

Vahe Member

Hello anybody !
    There is a "POLAR 115 X PLUS".
    Problem is : When we switch machine power "ON" .
    LCD is stay black, after about 30-40 second, buzzer doing 10 beep and nothing else.

We checked all power supplies and LCD, they all works.
    Can anybody tell ways to solve this problem?
    Thanks !

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi
    1) If i can understand well, after LCD after 30-40 second stay black.?
    2) If that true that statement, please test very well the power supply in tolerance, example you can measure+ 5Vdc, but if you have 5.6Vdc is faulty need repair or replace, and the same parameter for other Voltages, only 5% up or down.
    3) Test all socket or connector very well from LCD, and clean, look for loose wires, see if the Ribbon cable is o.k. connectors faulty.
    4) Measure the High voltages for LCD display, according with his schematic diagram
    5) Look the voltage for Inverter feeding the LCD, and finally search for Dry+Colder joint solder(reheating) in the board display.
    6) If everything is o.k the LCD board is faulty.

Attached Files:

3. Vahe

Vahe Member

Mr. Chock, Thank You for answer !
    I already tested the monitor.
    I put the board on another cutting machine "POLAR N 115 "
    (the models and the firmware of the screens and everything that is on the top of the machine matched)
    and the SP Board I did not replace, because the firmware versions did not match.
    Please pay attention to the video where at the end of the video you can hear NOT TYPICAL 10 BEEP's

4. Vahe

Vahe Member

Sorry, I replace Not only board, I replace All top module (with everything, from not working "115 x plus" to working "N 115" )

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

I can understand:
    Please review carefully this:
    2) If that true that statement, please test very well the power supply in tolerance, example you can measure+ 5Vdc, but if you have 5.6Vdc is faulty need repair or replace, and the same parameter for other Voltages, only 5% up or down.
    3) Test all socket or connector very well from LCD, and clean, look for loose wires, see if the Ribbon cable is o.k. connectors faulty.
    You can have all NEW boards , But if the power supply is faulty NOT work, that is the reason that i Believe that your board works in another machine
    Of course you must sure additional that Firmware in your EPM=Eprom has the right version for your model, serial number, and see the label appearing in your EPM.

6. Vahe

Vahe Member

OK, Thank You very much !
    Tomorrow (or maybe monday) I will check all you told and after checking I will report the results.

7. Vahe

Vahe Member

Hi Mr. Chock !
    Today I tried measure voltages.
    All in normal ranges 4.98V, 12.2V (on PCB) 5.1V ,12.5V on Power supply.
    Problem was in PCB "GC" , now all OK .
    Thank You again.

8. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Great