Polar 115 stops on upstoke

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Bka, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Bka

Bka New Member

I have a polar 115 emc mon ser 6131525. Had a bad Y315 solenoid. Replaced. Clamp comes down, then knife comes down, raise 2-3 inches, then stops. Get fault locking valve 42v faulty. This is the fault I got before replacing y315 but the knife did the exact same thing. Go down, start back up, stop. Checked signals to sk board. AL signals except v80 are present at proper time. They all come and go. Except v80. Any ideas. Thank you.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    You comments are a little confused.
    However i must recommend take this steps:
    1) Normally this kind of Papper cutter has a optional system called Knife Upstroke control -2 Channel Hydraulic H91
    The control unit MHY is located in the rear side of machine frame.has 2 power supply for +5Vdc+ 24Vdc for stabilization.
    electronic control and 2 Relais K1+K2 are using +5Vdc , 2 proximity switch(sensors)B1+B2 with +24Vdc.
    B1+B4 (sensors) are using +24Vdc from Board SK, with the plug CUM 10 and plug X1.
    2) The function is to Switch off the knife Movement in the Upper possition, see the schematic diagrams if your P. Cutter has this system.
    3) V80 Yellow Led normally OFF, is only for the change the Knife, Not for the normal acitivity of Knife.
    4) V81 " " " Peday Not actuated(activation Y315 via board SK) S309.
    5) Finally, if you P. Cutter does not have the option knife Upstroke control, see for limit switches b22a+b22b and plastic cam rear from machine frame in the main gear unit, for bad switch o+ cams in NOT position(out of adjustment or time).

3. Bka

Bka New Member

Thank you for reply. Original problem was clamp not coming down but the knife would come down and start up and stop. 42v supply good, y315 bad. Replace y315. Clamp now works with foot pedal and full pressure after cut buttons are pressed. Have the limit switches b22a b22b. These light v77 and v78 on sk board. Change as blade travels. Timing appears correct by placement. Is there a timing device in the circuit for the upstroke or is it just the switches? Thanks again

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Well now that i have the o.k information.
    Please procedure with the following steps:

1) Test the continuity limit switch with DMM, and adjust it with schematic diagrams which contact are N.C and N.O vs the Plastic cam lever.

2) The mark in plastic cam lever must be according with the mark in the machine frame, loose the Bolt for to execute the
    adjustment.
    3) Finally if you can NOT adjust very well, you must try with Proof and error moving the
    Plastic cams, and adjust the limit switch.
    Look if the contacts from l. switchs b22a+b22b are dirty, or worn, or bad, and tight very well loose wires, in any cases replaces it.
    Note: I can not supply some schematic from Plastic cam lever adjustment, to due the rules of Forum, but if you send me your email to my email, will do it.