Polar 115 Emc-Mon Cutting Error

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Soma, Sep 23, 2014.

1. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Sir:
    If you system Polar has Knife Upstroke Control:
    do this; 1) measure the Fuse 1 Amp coming from secondary transformer from 24Vca , if this o.k measure : a) +24Vdc b) +5Vdc must be in tolerance !! very Important. c) test the sensors.

2) If you system does not have the system describe above : test the limit swtich 22b+22b see if there are voltages, clean very well the contacts, tight the wires, and see if the l. switch are o.k or faulty replace. Otherwise measure the power supply +5Vdc+24Vdc +12Vdc in the section PS.
    Finally is possible that you must adjust the Cam lever plastic, by proof and error., carefully because you must take out the Safety solenoid first!

2. Miguel_cano

Miguel_cano New Member

Hello mates, here I have the same problem in a 115 EMC_MON 1988. When machine starts in the morning, first cut ok, but second cut appears, 'error interrupt cut ciruit'. When I try to cut again, clamp down but knife not.
    Clamp keeps blocked down position, and machine needs to be restarted. After several times, machine starts fine and works well all the journey.
    Sensors of security bolt is checked and 24 vdc ok. Inductive sensor of clamp is also checked. 2 microswitch of gear box tested too.

What would be next step, change of Sk board??

Thanks.

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Need ask you, if your machine has Knife Upstroke control device?
    Can you send me a Pic in the rear of Gear box, where is located??

4. Miguel_cano

Miguel_cano New Member

Hello, that machine is produced before 90's so there are not 4 proximity sensors for control knife and clamp movement, not mhy board.

There are 2 siemens microswitch. Any more info??

Thanks

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Miguel:
    see your WhatsApp, and test it( board SK +42vDC+Plastic cam lever adjustment)

6. andy martin

andy martin Member

Everybody who I having trouble with suspected cam switch faults. Don't forget the siemans switches operate little Ernie relays situated in a small box usually found in the trunking behind the main control relays. These can be very problematic