Polar 115 EM-MON

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Pnai, May 10, 2022.

1. Pnai

Pnai Member

Hello,
    This is the first time for me in this valuable forum.
    I have a polar 115 , I'm having a cutting circuit interrupted problem , the blade not going up it stuck in the middle , I changed the handle sensors with exact spacing but still the same problem.
    Any suggestions please
    Thanks in advance

2. synthology

synthology Member

check cam switches s28a s28b

3. Adil

Adil Senior Member

What is giving you this problem as an error message?

4. Pnai

Pnai Member

Thank you synthology for your reply, I will check it tomorrow I didn't vist the factory today,
    And Mr. Adil regarding the message on the screen : Cutting Interrupte circuit
    Thanks in advance for your help

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;
    Please do this;

Switch the machine off and manually turn
    the knife back to the TDC(Upper possition) by turning the
    flywheel.

Check P2 circuit, check gearbox limit switch

2) Must test the +24Vdc +5Vdc MHS Logic in Tolerance! , for circuit Knife Upstroke Control , and test very well the sensors.

6. Pnai

Pnai Member

Thank you chock for your reply,
    I did what you said all is good but as I test the voltage for the lifting arm solenoid valve, it has a continuous voltage even if I don't press any key and the safety bolt arm stuck in between the 2 sensors , I have to power it off to lift the arm and turn the flying wheel.

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

If you have power all the time, is indicative the push button, are defective, since they have N.C +N.O contacts, must be closed all the time, and defective, and by that reason you have continuous voltage, you must replace it, or repair it.

However i would like that you send me a Pics or Video or both, about the Tolerance of Voltage for +24vDC +5vDC!!! Please

8. Pnai

Pnai Member

Hello,
    I ordered a new push button and now im getting ( Release push button) error , i tested the voltage on 4 wires connected to the button ,Left side I've got 24v on 2 of the wires only ( Broun & Black) and I've got 24v on ( Brown +Black - Blue + white) on the right side
    I changed the SK board with functional one ,I got the same problem.
    I didn't change the new button yet .
    Thanks for your help

9. Pnai

Pnai Member

I changed the button and its working perfect now ,
    Thanks for your help

10. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Great Sir

11. Pnai

Pnai Member

Hello again,
    I'm having a problem on my second polar 115 machine. The backguage is not moving from keyboard input, but with manual movement it works fine. I changed the cable for the scanning head sensor from the second machine -- it didn't work, and when I cut, the safety bullet arm stuck on the down sensor position and is not getting back up to normal position. But I can continue cutting without any problem. I need to turn the machine off and on again to be returned to normal position. I tested the voltage on the solenoid -- it's 43v continuous.
    Any suggestions please

12. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir, my apologize for my delay, but i have to my wife with cancer, and many things to do.
    1) Please test the Regulated Power Supply in electronic board PS; +5 +12 +24vDC, in tolerance from 0.7% up or down. otherwise is faulty .

2) see in Cutting circuit SK, The following;
    a) V83 red 'LED safety bolt Y. SB ( 42V from K1 RELAIS, see if is closing, loof for defective contacts or defective relais. ) OFF
    b) V71 yellow LED safety bolt in resting position B.SB E (SENSOR +24vDC ) ON
    c) V72 yellow LED safety bolt unlocked B.SB A (sensor +24Vdc ) OFF

Gap between sensor and Solenoid safety bolt 0.8 mms aprox.
    Finally LUBE the solenoid safety bolt with graphite, and look for any loose wires, or dirty, or pins bent, or corroded.
    Be sure, if there are +42Vdc in the terminals.
    Look if the sensors of Safety bolt, are Lit and OFF, respectively with +24Vdc.

The knife , must be there in the Higher position!

13. Pnai

Pnai Member

Kindly find attached photos , all the board leds are correct

Attached Files:

14. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Sir thank you by his prayer for My wife.

First measure the Regulated power supply PS board: + 12+5+24 in Tolerance, I believe that You do not read very well.

Send me Pics!!!! of each measure from of Digital Multimeter DMM.

Blessings

15. Pnai

Pnai Member

These are the voltage photo

Attached Files:

16. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok, Voltages in tolerances, however you can increase the TaP in the primary windingo of transformer
    in order to stabilize the secondary windings of transformer, and give a better voltages to the Regulated Power Supply.

Since your machine, has system MHY, according with the previously Photos, test, the relay k3+k4 , in order if they are defective, or broken, etc, and replace it, they active the solenoids for Clutch and Knife action.

17. Pnai

Pnai Member

Hello friend,
    Now the bachguage is working perdect with accurate size but now I'm getting error ( release push button) and the blade not moving so I tested the the voltage on both button I got one 12v not 24v the second one is 24v so I opened the MHY board I saw a capacitor and the 24v regulator . So I will change it and I will let you know.
    Many thanks

18. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Ok, if You have+12 , not good, since I did recommend you to the Regulated power supply and is ok

However look x false contacts, or dirty, or corroded, or defective Cut buttons, or connectors, faulty.

Let me know ASAP

Blessings

19. Pnai

Pnai Member

Hi again,
    I replaced the damaged parts now it's working fine and the backguage is moving good and the I cleaned all the button connections the blade is cutting now, but I got an error ( Cutting interrupted) as soon as I cut and the security handle stuck at the bottom sensor , I can continue cutting no problem but I can not move the baxkguage to a new position.
    Can you tell me which relais is for releasing the solenoid handle ?
    Because I have to turn the machine off to release the handle and turn it on again and I can put a new size.
    I really appreciate your time and help

20. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi, if you refer to Solenoid safety bolt, is relais K1, located in SK electronic board.