Polar 115 ed clamp issues

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Mr.Backtrim, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Mr.Backtrim

Mr.Backtrim New Member

Hello everybody, polar 115 ed cutter works fine for 3 to 4 hours. Then when pressing foot pedal, clamp slowly moves down. Some times works normal then it will come down slowly or won't come down at all, then it will work fine for 5 to 6 cuts, then clamp comes down slowly. All hydraulic fluid at top level, we replaced 2 years ago. Any ideas what could be causing issue.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

1) test the cam plastic lever in the Foot pedal, and the Gap must be 01-02mms or replace the cam plastic to due the wear for year or working.

2) The system has aire, make a Bleeding.

Let me know, sincerely

Blessing

3. Mr.Backtrim

Mr.Backtrim New Member

Thank you for replying Chock, were are the plastic cam lever on the foot pedal, all I can see when I take the front panel off , is the rod attached to the foot pedal. On the right hand side I see a black block that when I depress the foot pedal ├Čt pushes a solenoid that is sitting inside hydraulic container. I noticed the black block is a bit farther than the other polar 115 we have. Could this be the issue? If not do you mind sending me a clear diagram of were the cam plastic lever is located.
    Thanks

4. KOSALA

KOSALA Member

Dear Backtrim,

As CHOCKS reply, you adjust plastic cam(upper cam) with 10 mm hexagonal screws(02 nos) as described below,
    1. foot padel is the upper position.(without pressing)
    2.loosen 10 mm hexagon screws on the plastic cam on the moving lever on the foot padel.
    3. insert 0.02mm shim tape or thin paper like plate wrapping paper piece between the plastic cam and steel plunger comes from a hydraulic tank.
    4.adjust the cam until shim pullout with lite presser.

Regards,
    KOSALA