pm74 gripper bars

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by jmt, Mar 19, 2013.

1. jmt

jmt Senior Member

the other pressman in are shoph as bent 2 gripper bars in the delivery. I have managed to straighten them well enough to run .But are grippers and cam levers are not set correctly causing probs at higher speeds. I know there must be a proper way of setting these .plus i found a 3rd party dealer for gripper bars but are made for a sm74 the look excatly the same to me but hard to tell with just a picture anyone know for sure if they are the same as the pms.

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Same gripper bars, really the same press minus the automation. Third party gripper bars...if made in China, be very careful, they may appear similar - even identical. You'll find out how different after running for about 2 months. Granted, things may have changed in recent years, but I have installed assemblies made in China in the past and any assembly having to bear pressure/momentum seems to fall apart in short time. You'll then have to buy from Heidelberg...having pissed away any savings you may have realized. Not negative, jut realistic. Good Luck!

3. jayroberts

jayroberts New Member

Hi Guys
    I purchase my gripper bars from Merlin Precision Engineering there based in the uk there very good quality (not chinese) and brilliant prices
    Regards
    Jay

4. jayroberts

jayroberts New Member

Haha true it does sound like that reading it back to myself. Am just stoked with the parts. I should ask for commision :)
    Ive been getting frustrated with the quality of parts recently.
    Sorry if thats how it came across
    Apologies
    Jay