PM52 Blanket and Roller Auto Wash lines not working

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by mgk_print, Nov 10, 2015.

1. mgk_print

mgk_print New Member

Have a 2005 PM 52 4/c with auto washers on blankets and rolls. Lines seem to have a vacuum leak, not sure, not able to keep fluid from reservoir tank to solenoids that draw fluid up. Solenoids appear ok when tested. Lines appear ok. Fluid seems to back down lines after priming up. This is NOT a pressurized system. Cleaned filters on tank. Cleaned reservoir tank completely. I operate this everyday , but went a week off and they quit working. Any help appreciated!

2. contractor

contractor Member

If the lines are ok it will be the check valves. Each solanoid pump has 2 check valves that draw fluid up from the tank 1 in and 1 out of the solanoid. These may not be sealing due to grit or oxidation. You can try cleaning them or replace them. They are located right where the hose fits in to the pump they unscrew with 10 or 13mm spanner i cant remember exactly. They are just a spring loaded ball and are made of brass. If you need to order new ones the part number is MV.051.033/01 there is 2 per bag enough to do 1 unit. Remember which way they fit and don't mix them up. Blanket wash is on the drive side black hose and roller wash is on the operator side green hose.

3. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

The best way to trouble shoot a solvent leak in your roller blanket/impression wash system is to remove the hose from the tank. Fill a large squirt bottle with water and add food coloring. Put hose from tank in the bottle of water and purge all washers. Remove all side covers and purge all solvent lines. The clear plastic lines will fill with the colored water making it very easy to see which line is filling with air after the machine has sit for a bit. Sometimes its a check valve at the solvent pump, sometimes its the solvent pump, also could be a line to line connection that is sucking air. Colored water makes it very easy to find the culprit.

4. mgk_print

mgk_print New Member

Thanks for the replies. I've removed and cleaned most of the check valves on the solenoid pumps and purged the lines from pump to reservoir tanks. Found small bits of junk in some check valves and connectors. Good results, working better than ever! Now I have to figure out a W04 Error code that won't let me enjoy my hard work!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

5. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

Dear please check spray nozzles in the machine sometimes block them.