pm 52 feeding problem

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by tim enigma, Mar 25, 2011.

1. asini

asini Member

Hi aqazi81
    thanks for your reply, yes the machine stop.... showing as over run sheet, because the swing arm does not take the sheet but the movement of the swing arm scraping the sheet forward going pass the front lay and stuck there and the machine panel shows as over run sheet which is right...

2. Teeja

Teeja Member

Asini can explain more ?
    when you press the green button it picks the sheet up but does it just crash stop at the lay?

3. asini

asini Member

So not sure if is an electronic problems or mechanical problem or both...

4. asini

asini Member

Hi Teeja
    yep either green or paper feed only ...when it gets to front lay it will scraping the paperpass it and stop...

The lay works fine...just the swing arm seems not to take the sheet in to the machine..

5. Teeja

Teeja Member

Is the wheels set properly on the arm. Center the sheet arrival timing knob first before you ajjuast the wheels , then pick a sheet up with the suckers then stop the press and inch forward , check when the forwarding wheels are going down on the feed board , if you have ajusted them they might need to be rechecked. If you have the problem and you need it going today maybe change it to single sheet feed instead of stream feed . That will work on sheet sizes 320-450 .

6. asini

asini Member

Yes we did try play around with timing but did not make much different it either stop at the front lay with and early sheet sign on the panel or it backs to the same problem which is stop before getting to the transfer cylinder...just pass the front lay..

7. asini

asini Member

Hi Teeja not sure how to set the wheel on the arm...this model the sucker and forwarding are combined...we did try single feed the sheets but seems to have the same problem...

8. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Check the feeder timing first, sheet should arrive at the front lays at 268 degrees.

9. asini

asini Member

Thanks aqazi 81
    will try again tomorrow...

10. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

To check the sensor,set the gripper margin to 9 mm, inch the press to 268 degrees,Turn the left-hand and right-hand front lays anticlockwise to the stop with the knurled wheel.
    Place a paper at front lays and see the ANK symbol at MID is lit, now pull the sheet back very slowly until the symbol is off,
    this distance should not be more than 0.5 mm. Re-position the sensor if the distance is more than 0.5 mm.

11. asini

asini Member

Thank you Aqazi 81...I Really appreciate it... just a quick question to make sure we on the same page...
    1. when you said to set the gripper to 9mm is that done on the control console(Paper Material) moving the paper(stock) to 9mm? on my control console 9mm will be the centre ...
    2.Reposition of the sensor is that the two eyes on the front lay? at the moment ithey are leaning forward but it can spring backward if we move it by hand, are they suppose to be flexible like that or it come loose and contribute for this troublesome problem now? not sure how to adjust them I have read earlier post about how hard to get to it.

12. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Yes do it from console.
    What year press is this?

13. asini

asini Member

the press was built in year 2000, 5 colour sm 52...1 x 4 perfector...again with many thanks.

14. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Feeder timing is very forgiving on SM/PM52 but optimum sheet arrival is 268 or somewhere close to that +/- 5 degrees. I would check swing gripper closing time. Inch machine and start feeding using inch. this will engage swing grippers to close. make sure grippers close at 55 degrees. if not check cam follower. If the press is not taking sheet into press its not the eyes. If the press is taking the sheet into the press and its detecting an early sheet it could be the eyes

15. asini

asini Member

Thanks a lot exheidmech I am about to go to work and will try it. thanks again.

16. MRFIXIT

MRFIXIT Senior Member

HI..WHEN THE FEEDER WAS SET DID THEY CHECK WHETHER THE AUTOMATIC FEEDER CHAIN TENSIONER IS WORKING CORRECTLY. IT IS ON THE DRIVE SIDE OF THE FEEDER AND IS BLACK WITH A SPRING LOADED GREEN CHAIN GUIDE ON IT.THIS KEEPS THE FEEDER CHAIN AT THE CORRECT TENSION AT ALL SPEEDS OTHERWISW IS JUMPS AROUND CAUSING TIMING VARIATIONS AT DIFFERENT SPEEDS..I HAVE SEEN THESE FAIL NOW AND AGAIN BUT THEY ARE EASY TO REMOVE/FIT WITH 2 ALLEN BOLTS . IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER HELP CONTACT ME ON pressfixt@gmail.com
    MANY THANKS....

17. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

I've found that when setting the first sheets feed timing to headstops, its best to remove the first couple of sheets that feed, and time the 3rd sheet on a stream feeder. Doing it this way will account for the possible variation encountered by not having a full stream under the forwarding wheels.

18. shareef

shareef New Member

Gentelmen,
    I am new to printing machines
    I had bed working in digital printing and CTP production for 20 years, I decided recently to start offset printing business,
    I got a pm 52 model 2004 and starting to run the machine which seems was not treated well with the x owner in UK
    NOW I try to run the machine but I have problems in feeder
    The first problem, on 110 gsm the machine keeps taking double sheet
    I tried with the operator who used to operate similar machines before to set different air and suction settings but no good...we fail
    Can any one help..
    Second problem the machine cannot run except if I stopped the ultasonic double sheet detector other wise the fingers stops the sheet and the machine back to 3000 speed showing double sheet # sign , I readed all your posts above and I think I have a timing problem but I cannot understand how to do a timing adjustment for the feeder
    Can any one help me with that process in simple language, I would highly appreciate if I can get your help with some guiding photos or video showing the steps
    This is my mail
    And what's app for whom liked to help

Thanks in advance

Sharshareef.morsy@gmail
    +966550050878

19. bolormaa_ppec

bolormaa_ppec Member

Hi all,
    Feeding problem. It doesn't work green rubber.

Attached Files:

• 1111.jpg
      1111.jpg
      File size:
      123.6 KB
      Views:

20. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

What do you mean by it doesn't work