Please Wait: Adjusting image quality

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by mcmaster, Sep 14, 2011.

1. mcmaster

mcmaster Member

this message seems to come up quite often anymore.
    Still a Newbie

2. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

The APQ message depends on the ink coverage of your job. If it is light coverage then it will happen more often. It will still cycle about every hour no matter what job you are running, unless it is a complete paint job.
    Be sure to track your toner age and vmag values. How often are you changing developer?

3. mcmaster

mcmaster Member

was changed last week by XEROX, not sure of impressions, not many.
    It was also changed by other operator 3 weeks ago. thanks, it's lunch time here now. Lucky we're not busy.

4. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

I love this message.

Ditto to what Stiv said: Depending on what your purge settings are at and the coverage of the job, this may occur more frequently than once an hour. Think your machine is running at 90 or 110 an hour? AHAHAH just kidding ATP is here to ruin productivity.

All of this was in the CED if you happened to read it though :D OH happy days!

We tend to change the developer whenever we find a spot where downtime isn't a big deal and we are over 100k clicks. Haven't noticed older developer making this message pop up less or more though.

5. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

CED? I still have never seen ours. lol
    One thing I would like to mention is that I sometimes put a solid bar running the width of the sheet filled with 80% CMYK to pull more toner when I am running a light coverage job.
    And don't do anything to the iGen when it is in a purge. The iGen doesn't like to be messed with during a purge.

6. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

@ Stiv You still have the CED I sent you though, right? And they still wont give you your own? lol.

Never stopped it during a purge though, hope I never have to.

7. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

I have it, thanks.