Plate wash issue

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by SCruz, Jun 20, 2014.

1. SCruz

SCruz Member

The plate wash roll on the yellow unit has stopped advancing. I checked the assembly on the DS and the clips seem to be in place but it still wont advance. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Bill Borcicky

Bill Borcicky Senior Member

With the wash unit out, have you tried to see if there is any play in the shaft ? sometimes the retaining clip looks like its in place but the shaft will still have play in it. you may have to re-seat the retainer clip into the slot. I used a pair of needle nose pliers to lightly pull on the end of the shaft and pushed the retaining clip back into place.

with the cleaning unit back in the press, take the cover off on the non-op side of the press, try to wash up again. look to see everything is moving correctly?

3. SCruz

SCruz Member

Thanks for the info i will try to work on that this evening to see if it helps.

4. jan

jan Senior Member

1) Check if Y41 is working:
    take out wasching device, go SF 3+7than 15 and 039, with + und - you can switch Y41 on and off, it could be simply wire not connected to one of the pins of Y41.
    2) If Y41 if working, could be Seegerring (circlip) open and Spindle with 4 teeth be pushed out of conntact with Coupling of Wasching device.
    rgsd.
    Jan