Phaser 7760 white lines across prints

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Putske, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Putske

Putske New Member

I have a Phaser 7760. I've had the printer since it was brand new in 2009. Total print count is only 5255. I obviously don't use it very often. Anyways, I have an issue now where I print in color and there are 2 white lines that print along the path the paper comes out. (see attached). I printed the solid test pages: the green, blue, black and yellow are fine but the purple and magenta have the lines. I have replace the magenta toner, replaced the corresponding imaging unit and cleaned the corresponding laser. What else should I do? I'm now broke and frustrated!

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

• 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      517.2 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      390.9 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      401.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      394.5 KB
      Views:
  2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Ok, 2 things:
    Open front cover, there is a long stick on the inner cover side - it meant to clean laser unit lens, remove waist toner container, you will see 4 openings, slide that thing in and out a couple of times, do them all not just magenta. Close everything up, run a print. Did it fix the problem? If not go to step 2.
    Step 2 - you're screwed. If step 1 did not help, means you have a problem with Magenta developer unit, at 5,000 prints there is nothing wrong with it except something fell in it and now blocking developer brush causing this line. DV unit is deep inside, unless you tech don't even think about it. Make a call, no parts should be needed. Good tech will be able to get a alien piece out about 2 hrs work, so-so or "by the book" tech with hit you for developer material change - about $150 part and about 2 hrs labor. Don't run your printer like that because if you scratch the Magnetic roller, you might need to change entire DV unit assembly, I will not tell you how much that is - it is too depressing, just don't run the printer till it's fixed. :)

3. Putske

Putske New Member

Looks like I'm screwed! Thanks for the advice unlimited

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

I had this problem a quite a few times, I would think that there is something travel in to DV unit from the toner cartridges as there is no way for anything to get there from paper path - it would have to get stuck to ITB belt than re-stuck on to drum only then it could possibly wind up in DV Unit. It is not a big delal for someone who has done it before - just a lot of dis-assemble / re-assemble, I would take on the project if you would be anywhere near NYC