Phaser 7760 Help with color matching - Lime Green

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by SatrinaOmega, Nov 17, 2011.

1. SatrinaOmega

SatrinaOmega New Member

Hi

I recently bought a 7760 and love it so far! Only been a few weeks, but so far so good, it is doing fantastic compared to my ink jet (I mostly print colored art/drawings/think clipart) I sort of stumbled into my business and am still learning about things like color profiles and color matching etc..

Anyways my problem is Lime Green. I can't seem to get a match to anything near lime green. I don't have the extra color matching software that Xerox sells. Is this something I should get? Wasn't sure how needed it was as I couldn't find much information on their website about it.

Any other thoughts as to why I can not get lime green? Everything else looks good, I have run all the calibrations for the specific paper I am using and the printer etc...

Lime green comes out more Christmas green. Sorry I don't have technical names for the colors! Still working on learning more about this 'color' stuff.

I have played around with some of the Color options, but all I am doing is making guesses!

Any input would be fantastic!!

-Marie

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Are you sending the lime green to the printer as RGB or CMYK?

Or can you give the actual RGB or CMYK value of the green you are wanting to reproduce?

Also are you by chance restraining the colors you are sending to the swop2 color profile instead of a color profile for the printer itself?

You won't be able to reproduce as vivid colors using cmyk toner as you can produce on an 8, 10, or 12 color inkjet, but you should have a gamut a bit more vivid than swop2.

3. SatrinaOmega

SatrinaOmega New Member

Hi

It is RGB (limitation of some cutting software I use) and the color is R 166 G 225 B 9

I can't even get anything close to lime green. And I have no idea what you mean with the swop2 color stuff, but will go look it up and see if I can find out more about that!

Thanks!

4. SatrinaOmega

SatrinaOmega New Member

I just ended up changing the RGB until it come out the color closest to what I needed :) I didn't need it perfect, so this will due!