Perf\Score Plate

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by swilson513, Nov 9, 2009.

1. swilson513

swilson513 Member

I seen a score that was every bit as good as a letter press would do, when asked how they scored it they said they used a score plate. It didn't appear to be any type of litho score as there wasn't any other lines that you usally can see. What was he talking about??

Thanks

2. KGM

KGM Senior Member

CITO system maybe?

3. wiseguy

wiseguy Member

I´ve seen Heidelberg do that inline with magnetic segments that you attach to the coating cylinder. Just the same technique used on webpresses. The other technique is what you heard of, putting a very expensive plate on the coating cylinder. I think the plate itself is so expensive that you hardly order one for a single job. They also use the same technique on machines that produce mailers.

4. KGM

KGM Senior Member

The Cito system costs about €4000, but i think it comes free with new Heidelberg presses

5. print101

print101 Senior Member

Yes - Check the Cito system. ($$$)

You also get strips that come in a small box, lenght of strip is normally about 6ft. You can then stick these self adhesive strips of perf or score rules onto the cylinder. You then apply a clear tape over it for extra adhesion and to prevent it from moving on the run. You then back pressure off and slowly bring it on until the desired depth of score or tear on the perf.

Once finished your job you simply just remove them from the cylinder. Its a cheaper option, but can be tricky to achive a good straight perf/score.

They are called Litho Perf / Score or there's GNU. These are the 2 we use.

6. wiseguy

wiseguy Member

HI - If u have the perflines on the imression cylinder put a plastic sheet insted of a blanket and u get a better result.

7. print101

print101 Senior Member

Whats up with this ???

8. heidi_helper

heidi_helper Member

We bought a used 40'' 6 color that came with a system...score/perf. You make a plate using their mylar printed sheets and perf/scores and hang it on their jacket on the cylinder. Its a neat system, but we dont use it. The advantage is you can keep the mylar plate you made for repeat work. The disadvantage is the time it takes to hand make the plate....but cheaper then sending out to a die score/perf guy.