PDCS cannot communicate??

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by slimzybox, Aug 13, 2014.

1. slimzybox

slimzybox Member

Hi all, not too sure of the chain of events leading up to the failure of the scanner on my press ( 2003 L528) but ive been told that the device worked sporadically over a period of about 2 weeks then completely failed to communicate with either the handheld or sheet scanning devices? Ive tried to change the comms port and still does not recognize?? The unit is recieving power and runs on its track smoothly. When setting a new job at the paramiters and target density page it does not give me the option to finish and recognize anymore. Any remedies would be appreciated. :D

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

could be lot's of things/// :)
    Did you check if the RG45 cable is connected to the comuniction ports / connectors both on the PDCS and the PC?
    Is the IP address correct ?
    is the comunication board on the PDC in place ? some times a small hit can get it out of position and dissconnect
    If all the above OK , you may need to go to the tool crib and try from there.
    If no help.....get another one - could be it had gone dead.

one more option - not sure about your PQC model , but in some you had 2 comunication cards on the back side of PQC , one to work with KMS and the other with PDCS - if this is your case , you cvould try elliminate problems by switching them arround to check (com ports too) - should be at the back (if looking at the back of PQC it is on the right hand side behibd the back cover.
    PS , nothing to do with the software
    If you want i can connect to your PC by remote and try help - had done this tooo meny times in the past :)

3. slimzybox

slimzybox Member

Thanks Meny, I'll start at the top of the list and work my way down! I'll update this post when im back on shift and had a chance to investigate! till then i suppose its densities at EYE.S.O ;-)

4. Meny

Meny Senior Member

well , i once had a customer who said:
    **** "good" , **** "right" , **** "by the book" , **** "densities" , i want it to look good.......
    so..... make it look good :)

5. slimzybox

slimzybox Member

Ha Ha, that customer could very well be my boss??!! All this dark art creative printing is much more fun anyway and when you get a job looking good you get that sense of achievement too! Makes me want to sign each sheet!! LOL