Particulate filter for Kodak CTP

Discussion in 'Platemaking' started by junker1984, Dec 21, 2012.

1. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Greetings All and Merry Christmas! I am looking for a means to procure after market particulate filters for our Kodak CTP, Kodak part #57-8792D-B. It is 16 1/4" in height and 13 7/8" diameter. Appreciate any suggestions.

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

I think...

The Kodak CTP's are for the last years built in China , after the production line was moved from Israel to reduce cost.
    I would assume the filters will be made as all other parts - in China.
    This must be a standard filter as building a filter line for the small numbers they sell is way out of any logic.

If you can send me the full details of the filter i can try help you out - got my contacts.

but why not order from Kodak ? price too high ?

Meny

3. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Hi Meny - Thanks for the response. One of my customers asked me to look into this...Kodak is charging 300 USD per filter and replacement interval is once per month. The filter is quite extravagant, so $300 doesn't seem like all that much, but it's the frequency of replacement that is the problem. The filter is a metal "basket" or "bucket" , if you will, closed on the bottom, perforated on the sides and the intake on the top with a foam rubber seal. The dimensions in height and the circumference are as stated in my first post. Guess I should post the make and model # of the machine, will look into that in the coming week. Thanks! Steve

4. Platesetters.com

Platesetters.com New Member