PAPER sticking to Blankets

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Pressman8color, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Pressman8color

Pressman8color Member

Running a Komori 19 x 25" 5/color, using 60 pound stock paper it keeps sticking to the blankets every time the press trips and restarts. What is the best formula to keep the paper from sticking to the blankets? I broke down the tack and it helped a little, what else can be done? if there is anything? I am out of answers......:eek:

2. USAPressmen.com

USAPressmen.com Senior Member

Use different ink! I use to run a roland that had the same problem on 60#... we tried everything before eventually switching ink, although it was on a single color black job. Obviously, scrub the piss out of the blanket before even starting the job!

3. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Quick release blankets can help too, as well as reducing the ink tack. Is it predominantly on any particular unit?

4. timc

timc Senior Member

we had this problem and we would just give the blankets a quick spray with anti skin (gilnox) before starting this helped

5. hockeyandthefamily1978

hockeyandthefamily1978 New Member

Not to sound crass but are you sure that the Squeeze on the blanket pressure isn't to tight? That will also not help by any means if you are printing with a ton of coverage on the sheet.

6. Loupeyeyed

Loupeyeyed Senior Member

When was the last time you cleaned and reset your back cylinder grippers. This should not be happening at all. Reducing ink is just a band-aid. Cylinder pressure could have something to do with it also but you'd have to be waaaay off..