paper damage on transfer gripper

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by PKT FDO, Dec 15, 2015.

1. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

Hello friends, we have sm-102-4-p3 speed master machine.It has paper damage on transfer gripper(at feeder)
    .I'll try adjust transfer grippers in various height position,but not satisfy result.If someone know how to solve this issue,please advice me.thank you-PKT FDO

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

What year press is this?

3. alibryan

alibryan Senior Member

Is it on every sheet?

4. jef

jef Member

is there an upcurl to the paper? Also you can try giving less gripper bite going into feeder.

5. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Why do you think it is the transfer gripper? Are you running in straight printing or perfecting when this happens? Is it every sheet?

6. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

Hello friends,thank you everyone for replying.this is 2000.11 07 machine.i tried low gripper bite, but same result.we print straight printing but machine equipped with perfecting.i can't see any curl of paper.this is not every paper but not equal distance.this damage make to downwards,you can see this on my first image.this is a reason i think this damage by transfer gripper( not sure).when i adjust transfer gripper first coming paper without damage,but while print continuously damage paper again.

7. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Does the machine damage the sheet while you are printing in straight printing? Does the machine damage the sheet while in perfecting mode? Does the machine damage every sheet or every other sheet or every 7th sheet? Is there a pattern with the damaged sheet?

8. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

machine in straight printing mode and no pattern in damage paper.sometimes going well but sometimes going damaged.

9. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

This is something thats not so easy to troubleshoot in an online forum. What I can tell you is from my experience only, other guys may have different experiences. In my experience its very rare to have the transfer gripper nick the sheets like you are showing, very easy to confirm if it is the transfer gripper by simply moving the headstops to minimum gripper bit. If it is the transfer gripper, the nicking should either go away or become much less. Usually nicking is either from the reversing cylinder or the delivery gripper bars. The one thing i can suggest is when you see the nicking, Estop the machine with paper still in the press. Open the covers and it should be pretty easy to see which sheets have the nick and which dont. at that point you can narrow down there the nicking is coming from. Ive seen on SM and CD102 where the roll pins sheer on the grippers. This will cause the effected grippers to remail closed when they should be open therefore nicking the sheet. Just a thought.

10. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

Thanks for your advice.i found the problem in delivery bars.when i adjust delivery chain i saw paper damage in some gripper bar.after that i adjust the gripper bar but no result.(i never seen the damage before adjust the delivery chain).finally i changed opening cam.now paper damage is OK, but i think problem still here.