Paper Catalog Issue with Fiery (EFI) RIP

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Hansihoff, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Hansihoff

Hansihoff New Member

Hi all,

we use the Igen5 with a FieryRIP (CommandWorkStation). Each time the paper is changed, the entire paper catalog is retransmitted. This now takes over a minute. During this time no job can be opened in the CommandWorkStation. It is frozen.
    EFI says that we have created too many papers. The paper database is only efficient up to 200 entries.
    We are at over 1000, but that comes together quickly if you have 10 papers with 10 sizes and 10 grammages each. I see here a failure by software design.
    Does anyone have any tips for solving the problem?

Many greetings
    Hans

2. peels

peels tree killer :)

wow. that must be frustrating.....

dont have fiery. but i would HOPE theres an option within to stop that... like a backup control...?

3. Dano.61

Dano.61 Member

I have been working with Fiery for a few years and have never run into this problem. Are you building your stock library correctly? Using the Media and Stock tabs? You should look to make sure that you're not duplicating Media types. Is there a Xerox analyst responsible for your account? If so, he/she should be able to engage EFI directly.

You may want to post this in the Fiery DFE forum of this site as well...maybe someone there can help out, too.