Pantone 2755

Discussion in 'Ink' started by daniel77, Jun 5, 2015.

1. daniel77

daniel77 Member

Hi,we have printed a job on uncoated paper with pantone 2755,we were near to the
    colour chart at wet but we expected as usual/normal that the dryback will
    change the colour a little bit and we were very surprised to see that the 'blue'
    we printed turned to purple the next day.we will try to find other ink base as we
    think that the violet(70%) in this prepation is the main cause of this redish
    effect.Can I have some comments on this issue or someone experienced it thks.

2. daniel77

daniel77 Member

We also made some tests with the client to show how the ink
    reacts.We took the quickpick and effectively we were good in
    colour wet and within +/-1hr it started to turn again to purple..

3. Schweem

Schweem Member

I'm not sure I'd pick 2755 if I'm looking for a blue....looks pretty purple in my book
    Good luck tho

4. daniel77

daniel77 Member

I'm agreed with u..2755 is not 'blue' the fact is that we match to the right colour when it is wet but when
    drying the change is very very different.

5. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

You can modify the mix and document it per gram weight. I do custom mixed based off standard PMS colors all the time. Depending the stock and what the client wants dictates the path I choose. In your case you can decrease the violet a little. Or try a different brand of ink and don't mix brands. Another trick with PMS mixes that use black......Pantone mixing black is a neutral black. No blue pigment added just carbon black. You can use your regular dense black ink which has a pretty good reflex blue content. This can help keep a color like 2755 on the blue side. There's always things you can do! Remember the PMS book is just the industry standard mix for color. Matching that color is another story. I sometimes need to increase or decrease colors depending on the batch of inks I have in house. Colors that use a lot of trans white I reduce the white by 20-30% of the mix. Mixed per the book you sometimes end up pushing a ton of ink to match color. Reducing the white ink % helps match color with less ink. Again it depends on the job and colors. Try a few things and see what's best for you! And always remember..... Printing sucks! :)

6. daniel77

daniel77 Member

Great..thank you,reducing the transparent white is very interesting we used to
    replace 10-20% of it with opac white and sometimes is not good but your idea
    Seems to be good..I'll keep in touch.

best regards.

7. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

if you look at the formulas in your pms book you will see that very often colors go darker to lighter, or lighter to darker on a page with just an increase or a decrease in either transparent white, or with neutral black. Ive often tried to increase the strength of a color by just taking a one step move towards the formula with reduced transparent white. This will often allow you run a reduced ink film thickness and make a job easier to run. Replacing a percentage of trans white with opaque white works very well when your trying to eliminate streaks or even some ghosting issues. You do need to be careful when substituting with opaque white as its the transparency of an ink that allows for one color to trap next to another.