pan roller setting

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Cdel, May 19, 2024.

1. Cdel

Cdel Member

Hi everyone, looking for some assistance. When setting pan roller. I go to where the water bead disappears and the 1/2 turn tighter on both sides. I start with that, but I always have to tighten the drive side at least an extra 1/2 turn, usually a full turn just to keep the water out of the rollers. Any one encounter this. I run a 2021 Heidelberg CX 104. LED INK. any tiny bit of water and the impress scanner does not like it. Thanks for any advice. p.s. readjusted fairly new rollers to Heidelberg specs. everything else seems good. Nice scum line and roller stripes.

2. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

Yes same problem on CD uv if you have an Air curtain on your press this might help open Air on ds .if you can check that meter roller and pan . are not walking away.from settings pain in *** good luck

3. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

As a final check you might try using the scum line on the very gripper of the plate to determine your final pan roller setting. I never pass on an opportunity to check on this ANY time im in a unit with the gate open. Lots of information can be gotten from this scum line if you know what you're looking for. A mentioned the air curtain can be a great help when it come to water control but it can also cause problems if you're not always aware of its status. You might want to check if the correct crown has been ground into the pan roller. Ive seen non symmetrical crown cause problems like you describe. Or in the case of newer presses the "skew" of the pan roller.