Oscillator timings

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by mantman, Feb 8, 2017.

1. mantman

mantman Senior Member

Hi i work on a GTOVP and wonder what is the factory default settings timings/width of oscillators -or point out what are the red/white 1 to 6 numbers- and if they affect ink coverage since i am having constant trouble with cyan unit losing density of ink -starting ok and losing it on the way- unless the ductor clutch is giving away and give uneven ink at 1st oscillator. I know that all is mentioned in manual but its not clear what is the default setting -white 1 and 25mm?-

Rule out water since this is a waterless GTO and roller settings are ok maybe even on heavy side of stripes -5mm instead of 4mm on oscillators-

2. HDGR

HDGR New Member

Hi mantman, i am a printer in Athens, can you send me a PM so we can get in touch ?

3. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Mantman, you mentioned the sweep clutch, and that can likely be the issue. Normally, it's it's easily observed if the sweep of the ink fountain roller is not turning consistently. Watch it closely next chance you have, compare to another unit if you can. Keep in mind, it's likely only going to "slip" when the fountain is full and the keys are set at normal settings. You may even try "washing" out the one way clutching bearing with solvent to prove it, but that's only a temporary fix. Good luck!

4. mantman

mantman Senior Member

Junker i ve noticed for some time that on cyan unit when i adjust ink fountain sweep numbers tend to fluctuate 3 or 4 units down,though i cant tell the difference and ductor roller when machine crawls without engaged to take up ink makes a slight movement -unless that is the normal-