Online Business Card Designer in Flash

Discussion in 'Internet Outsourcing Options & Experiences' started by radixindia, Mar 25, 2008.

1. radixindia

radixindia Member

Solution for personalization & ordering for printing business.

Online Business Card Designer

Radix offers custom web based online Flash Designer Studio to capture order for Printing Industry. System allows your clients to design various product like T-Shirts, Mugs, Stationary, Business card, Greeting card and post/promotional card using online designer studio at your website.

Also they can use the existing predefined templates and design from the site or they can upload their own design through upload center.After creating the custom products clients can personalize, proof and order along with online payment.

Key features of Designer Studio for Online Print Ordering

• Template engine for designs
    • Flash based interactive design studio
    • 100s of fontsEasy creation of various design
    • Detailed precision on print ready file generation
    • Grey scale conversion
    • Pdf proof (not printable versions)
    • Print ready file generation ( Accessible in admin interface only)
    • Ajax based search
    • Integrated upload center to capture order with ready design

2. xpquickprint

xpquickprint Senior Member

How is this software licensed? What is the cost?

Does it run as a service, or is it software we can purchase and run on our own servers?

Is it easy for us as a printer to integrate custom templates we create in InDesign or Illustrator for greeting cards and business cards?

3. radixindia

radixindia Member

Hi,

Thank you for showing your interest in our solution. This is the Web Based solution which is having extensive features and also can be provided within few weeks of time with current features and products available.

the cost of the application can be provided once we have your contact details and we will provide you information which will also help you to take your decision better.

Yes, integration will be done and also templates can be produced from the back end can be kept on website for use for the customers.

Also customers can also built their specific design templates in the application and cal also upload it in application if they have available with them in some specified format.

Here the templates created from customers are secured and not revealed other visiting customers. so security expects are taken care of very well.

Rest more information on price and time can be provided once we get your contact information.

Below are my IM details:

Gtalk: - presales.radixweb@gmail.com
    Yahoo: - jagdish_radixweb@yahoo.com
    MSN: - jagdish_radix@hotmail.com
    AOL: - jagdishradix12

We wish to have your response soon.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance.

Kind Regards,

Jagdish Utwani
    Business Development Executive.

Radix Web, India.
    401, Anand Mangal-II
    B/h. Omkar House, C G Road
    Ahmedabad 380 009.
    Gujarat, INDIA
    Ph.: +91-79-32403371, 26400685
    International Fax :+1-206-501-3446(US)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  4. xpquickprint

xpquickprint Senior Member

Is pricing based on buying the software, or must you pay a commission on every order run through the software? Does it run only on your servers, or is it software that can be purchased and installed on our own servers?

5. radixindia

radixindia Member

We charge only one time and customization & up gradation charge will be extra as per customer need, not recurring or commission base.

It will run on your server with your own database.

Thanks
    Jagdish Utwani
    Business Development Executive.

Radix Web, India.
    401, Anand Mangal-II
    B/h. Omkar House, C G Road
    Ahmedabad 380 009.
    Gujarat, INDIA

6. ny_printer

ny_printer New Member

I actually looked into this a bit, but found a more complete solution with FORIX through their PrintBridge product (www.forixprintbridge.com) for my business card and postcard printing needs. I needed an ASP solution because I could not afford to invest in an expensive system, hardware or training.

7. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

forixbridge

Hi n-y

how're you getting on with the software? How much did it cost? Can you modify for leaflets & flyers?

regards
    Richard

8. Amelia

Amelia Previous User

It's weird that suppliers are not disclosing price information even after advertising their services. I think that this would be great for personalized products and would very useful for printers like us since it transfers more of the design work to the client.

9. onprintshop

onprintshop Member

10. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

I like the fact that your system saves ink by leaving out the first two letters of You ;)

11. CanadianPrinter

CanadianPrinter Member

Onprintshop: Radix Integrated Solution. Buyer Beware.

We purchased this application and it's been a nightmare dealing with these guys. They stopped supporting it even though we don't have a site that works correctly. They now don't even respond to e-mails.

BUYER BEWARE! Their own site is slick and looks fabulous and even the few sites we looked at through their references also were slick. We even contacted one of their customers.

If you don't have an in-house programmer, you'll be lost with this application.

We've spent 100s of hours trying to fix things and have duplicated our work so much that we have probably spent another $10,000 just in man hours.

Their price is reasonable when compared to North American vendors, but you'll kill yourself trying to get the site up and running if you have more than 2 or 3 products and different sizes within those products.

Their sales guy is great, but once you are assigned a developer, their English is so poor it looks like they take your question, put it into an online translator and then do the same when they respond so the response you get is almost totally incomprehensible.

We're losing so much business with this application that we're just waiting for the time when we can afford to buy a North American version.

STAY AWAY from this software!

If you want more details, free free to PM me.

12. CanadianPrinter

CanadianPrinter Member

An update:

Since our posting, Radix/Onprintshop have contacted us and threatened us with reprisals if we didn't remove our reviews of their W2P app.

So if you wonder why Radix and Onprintshop don't have any other negative reviews, it's likely they have threatened other small businesses as well -- we've been online for 20 years so have a nice network of people that we can discuss technology with, and I'd hate to think of another small print shop with no IT department or connections to developers -- to coin a terrible phrase, Radix would have them by the short and curl***.

We have taken measures to ensure they cannot damage our web site by changing all passwords and to discontinue any further discussions with them.

Upon further inspection of their code, they have encrypted a number of trackers that send information back to them. We consider this a violation of privacy, both to us and our customers.

We certainly have no issue with their copyrights and other intellectual property, but once we've paid 100% of all fees to them, they should remove their encrypted tracking ids.

I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want my business to be tracked by some third world company, especially when this was never divulged in any of their documentation.

I not only declare onprintshop as "buyer beware", I'd ask them to divulge the information they are tracking and what remedies can be done to remove those trackers once payment has been made.

Oh, and whether this is coincidence or conspiracy, you decide: since our termination of Radix/Onprintshop, our sales have tripled ... makes you go hmmmm and wonder what kind of information they were tracking back to them.

13. xfactor printing

Are you a press / print shop or are you routing jobs to a trade printer?

14. CanadianPrinter

CanadianPrinter Member

We purchased a Web-to-Print application which should hopefully give you an indication that we run our own jobs. Why?

15. CanadianPrinter

CanadianPrinter Member

2nd Update.

We've now hired another company and just discovered about 5 minutes ago that Radix not only added trackers to their code, but the information they are tracking would land them in very hot water if they were located in North America. For example, they receive complete customer information of every order -- and that means they get the total amount ordered (dollar amount), the email address of the customer, the phone number, the physical address, etc.

If that's not enough to scare you away from Radix ...

I will make this my mission to warn people.

The kind of information they are (were) tracking would make it impossible to become PCI compliant.

It makes me sick to think they have a year's worth of customer information from us, and I'll bet they are selling
    those email addresses and perhaps other information, too.

So you get what you pay for, and in Radix' case, you get way more than you bargained, and so does your customer-base!

16. CanadianPrinter

CanadianPrinter Member

-- See my other posts on these crooks --

We've now hired another company and just discovered about 5 minutes ago that Radix not only added trackers to their code, but the information they are tracking would land them in very hot water if they were located in North America. For example, they receive complete customer information of every order -- and that means they get the total amount ordered (dollar amount), the email address of the customer, the phone number, the physical address, etc.

If that's not enough to scare you away from Radix ...

I will make this my mission to warn people.

The kind of information they are (were) tracking would make it impossible to become PCI compliant.

It makes me sick to think they have a year's worth of customer information from us, and I'll bet they are selling
    those email addresses and perhaps other information, too.

So you get what you pay for, and in Radix' case, you get way more than you bargained, and so does your customer-base!

17. xfactor printing

Was just curious who you were and what kind of operation you are running.

18. CanadianPrinter

CanadianPrinter Member

We have been online for 20 years -- a small family shop in the burbs and were doing online sales differently. When the economy came to a screeching halt a few years ago (along with our Canadian Dollar), we had to find a way to reinvent ourselves: 80% of our business was USA-based pre-2008 -- things became quite dire as you can imagine. We're doing okay again, but nowhere near where we once were.

19. web2printsolution

web2printsolution Member

are you still interesting in Online Designer and Web2Print solution?

20. CanadianPrinter

CanadianPrinter Member