Oki C9650 printing issue

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Rouge70, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Rouge70

Rouge70 New Member

Hi all, it's the first time that i write on this useful forum, i hope to find a solution for my C9650. When switched on, one times on 20 the printer works perfectly, other 19 times prints too much magenta. It works well until shutdown. I already changhed drums and belt, i use originals parts. All the jobs are printed on common paper, i tried with 2 pc with PS and PCL drivers. Already tried to change led bars.
    Thanks in advance :D

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

CAn you scan and post a picture of a good print and bad print?

3. Rouge70

Rouge70 New Member

I will be back at work tuesday and post a scan of a picture

4. Rouge70

Rouge70 New Member

The woman cleaning office saved me one photo from paper basket, in attachement one good photo printed and a bad one.

Attached Files:

• bad.jpg
      bad.jpg
      File size:
      290 KB
      Views:
    • good.jpg
      good.jpg
      File size:
      359 KB
      Views:
  5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Wow! and you use same settings? Do you check the artwork if it is CMYK or RGB? Skin tones are among the most complex tasks for color printers to reproduce. For this reason Konica Minolta created Bizhub C65HC and later BizhubC70HC, to address an issue of phoreproductions, they created a High Croma toner and tweaked the rip to handle RGB files. Anyway, more questions - is your machine GA version? 1200dpi, driven by Efi fiery print controller?
    This issue will be somewhat tough nut to crack as standard answer would be "Change Drum and Belt" but you already did.
    Can I ask you to email me this file - I would like to run it trough my OKI C9800 and trough my KonicaMinolta C65HC to see how different machines would reproduce it. my address is UnlimitedBT at yahoo dot com

6. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Please leave your LED bars alone, whatever problem might be - it is highly unlikely that they have anything to do with it.

7. jack straw

jack straw Member

unlimitedbt- this has nothing to do with this topic. Just trying to contact you. I am looking at an Oki cx3641 to do envelopes on. I understand you may sell these type of machines or similar. I am not to far from you 2 hours or so.
    do you have any machines for sale. also, what size envelopes can you do on these machines. Looking to replace my old offset. Thanks
    rm854396@gmail.com

8. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hey Jack, we do have a CX3641, let me testdrive it - make sure it is up to my standards. I will contact you once it is ready.

9. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Jack we're good on that CX3641. I am sending you information VIA Email, it will come from UnlimitedBT at Yahoo dot com

10. Rouge70

Rouge70 New Member

Hi unlimited, my printer is not fiery driven. The picture you see was printed by windows xp and windows 7 default picture manager (i hope to translate right from italian)
    I send you the original picture that was scanned from a document at your mail adress. My adress is frush at live dot it. I was thinking about colour profile, eveything is set to automatic and i never modified nothing about color profile. How can i check CMYK or RGB? Have a nice weekend

11. sinnkie686

sinnkie686 Member

Hi all i have a problem with an oki c9655 when i power on on the screen shows a message BRK INST EXECUTE has anyone come across this before??
    It started with a CHECK FUSER message after checking the sensors,motor and the motor drive board i checked the S2X board plugs into the print board i found 1 resistor and 2 fuses that had blown after replacing i started getting BRK INST EXECUTE message