Oki C5400 - Spots

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by lhs_azevedo, Mar 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. lhs_azevedo

lhs_azevedo New Member

2. the swift printer

the swift printer Member

Just out of curiosity, has then been a long standing problem, or did it start after running a paper stock that had a gloss finish?

3. lhs_azevedo

lhs_azevedo New Member

Hi twp!
    I really don't know, it'is printing this way since it arrived.
    We got it from a friend a couple of days ago, he told me that its not used for a while.
    I work with inkjet, this is my first color laser printer.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  4. the swift printer

the swift printer Member

The reason I ask because if you print on a paper stock that has a finish or coating, and the settings weren't correct when the paper was printed on, the toner will flake off and cause spotting like that on the next few images. If this happens to be the case, run around 20 or so copies on regular paper and see if the spots start disappearing. It could be old toner that flaked off inside of the machine. after running some copies, it will clear up if this is your problem. Let me know what happens.

5. lhs_azevedo

lhs_azevedo New Member

We've printed some copies already (20 in the first post) and the problem persists despite a decrease.
    I noticed a leak of toner dust that occurs when handling the cartridges, it is common this happen?

Below you can find an album with printer images, as well its parts.

[​IMG]
    Click here to view full album

Thanks for your help.

6. the swift printer

the swift printer Member

That can be pretty common. Do you have new cartridges, or did you refill old ones? They're really not made to last forever, and the plastic can become brittle. You can try swapping out the cartridges. Also make sure the assemblies that pertain to the waste toner cartridges aren't damaged. I have seen leaks coming from the imaging units before. Check all of these to see if you can figure out where the leak is coming from.

7. lhs_azevedo

lhs_azevedo New Member

No, I didn't. Pretty sure that these have been refilled.

For now, I do not have other toner to test.

I did a quick search on the internet and Oki C5400 user's guide. Apparently this model does not have a waste toner.

Ok, if I have enough courage to inspect the toner and the imaging drum to check the leak. :p
    Also. I'll try to get in contact with the local service of Oki tomorrow to see if they can help too.

8. the swift printer

the swift printer Member

i really hope it works out. Let me know how everything turns out