Tags:
  1. Daren Halfpenny

Daren Halfpenny New Member

Just managed to get an OKI C511dn at a markdown price. I'm trying to get it to print PDFs from my Macs but having absolutely no joy with it whatsoever - OKI support is, well, there isn't any so it seems!!! I just wondered if anyone out there has one, whether you're using it for graphics work (the whole intention was to use it for foiling) and if so, what your experience is. This was the only machine I could find that seemed to be versatile enough to handle cardstock for a reasonable price so I am very much needing some sort of workaround...

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Scrap the Mac, use PC. Yes, I understand that I am about to be attacked by Mac guys but print drivers for Mac are ridiculous. It is highly likely that you will find PC driver settings/configuring a lot more user friendly with a lot more controls available.

3. Daren Halfpenny

Daren Halfpenny New Member

I'll avoid the expletives... but in actual fact all I had to do in the end was connect it via Ethernet and now it works like a dream. My experience with all the printers I have had (I currently have 3 Epson inkjets sitting on my desk and I've previously had Canons and a Lexmark, although the Epson drivers have been by far the best) is that it's just been plug and play. I also have four Macs here of various ages and the same applies. The fact is it's the Oki driver that was the problem and that's purely down to the vendor - and their support is pretty much non-existant. Only reason I bought the printer in the first place was because I got over 70% off RRP and quite frankly wouldn't have been all that bothered had it not worked as I'd easily have got my money back. Yep - took a while, but works now with all my software. As for the PC argument? Well...