Oil Pressure warning bell

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by aqazi81, Dec 25, 2013.

1. ibler

ibler Member

Hi! Just bought a used 102zp 1983. No CPC. The oil pressure bell also goes off when we try to speed up the machine. Both switches, 1bar and 12bar are working. We opened covers and there's oil on the lines. Pressed that manual pump button under the plastic cap. Still alarm goes off. What should i do next? Thanks in advance!

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

By "switches are working", do you mean they are actually reading pressure, or they ohm out properly? Have you had this issue since it was installed? Do you see the pistons in the pressure switches actuate the switches when they're supposed to?

3. ibler

ibler Member

I will have to manually check again. We took out the covers OS. Cleaned some of the oil lines (some distribution points did not squirt out oil) but the bell still sounded off. Our in house tech said that one switch is kinda stuck.

I see oil dripping inside the covers on the DS. What else do I need to do on th DS?

Previous owner said they disconnected the bell because it kept going off. I think that was not very smart of them.

4. HarshBhargava

HarshBhargava Member

We have a SM 74-5 PHL, 2007 model and the same issue is there. We recently installed a new Oil filter last month and added more oil to the tank but in the CP 2000 Central Lubrication Unit there is a error in yellow which reads " Pressure monitor 12 bars". There is a button which I guess is for manual lubrication however it seems to be disabled.

What do you guys suggest I do ?

5. Waqas_zahid

Waqas_zahid Senior Member

There are multiple reasons, the pressure switch itself might be defective, the EAK of the main cabinet might be defective or the EAK of the first printing unit might be defective as well.

It is also possible that there is a leakage somewhere.

There is an amplifier module ( if I remember correctly called the VSM, can be confirmed from the wiring diagram) that switches the 1bar to 12bar valve.

Try logging in as service and the cp2000 button might get enabled, or the machine is waiting for the automatic lubrication cycle to complete once after which it will enable the button.

You can start by first checking the Pressure switch itself, if that is OK then may be you can try pressing the button on the solenoid valve on the tank to see if lubrication happens, while doing this keep the cover of the pressure switch open and if sufficient pressure is present a small plunger should come out and press the switch.

Normally with 12bar lines its always a good idea to bleed some oil from the point where the switch is mounted by pressing the solenoid on the tank, there have been many instances where there is air trapped in the line and the switch doesn't work.

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    Normally you must test this;

1) contactor auxiliare d50 is energized, oil pressure lamp h36 is OFF.

2) 4/2 Ways solenoid valve s 60 is in position circular lubrication.

3)Oil pressure switch b186(1 bar) active. Circular lubricatioon in operation.

4) Press is set to operation, auxiliary contactor d5b is energized.

5) As soon as the limit switch b 141 reache the set number of pulses on the control)60.000 the 4/2 ways solenoid valve s60 is switche to distributing lubrication.

6) Oil pressure switch b 186 1 (bar) goes off.

7) Oil pressure switch b 323 12 (bar) active, distributing lubrication in operation.

8) when the distributing lubrication is complete approx 25 seconds, the 4/2 ways solenoid valve S60 switches to circular lubrication.

9) Oil pressure switch b 323 (12 bar) goes off.

10) Oil pressurre switch b 186 ( 1 bar) active. ciruclar lubrication in operation.

11) Pulse generator for lubrication starts counting.